New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Type r/ Si swap possible on a 1994 ex accord?

Old 07-16-2019, 09:17 PM
Default Type r/ Si swap possible on a 1994 ex accord?

Hi im new to this fourm but not really new to the car enthusiast scene. I have been watching this thread as a guest for a while, ever since ive bought my accord from FB for 200$ . Im a 19 year old seeking how much power i can put in my f22b1 engine

But anyway i was searching for people that si or type rswapped their accords but unfortunately i didnt see any. I plan on si swapping my accord, and im just wondering if its possible to do it with an old accord like mine.

Thanks

P.s my accord is a 4 speed auto, and i already have an idea of manual swapping. Im just wondering if the ecu is still going to communicate with the tranny and engine with flying colors

My 1994 ex accord

Old 07-17-2019, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

For enough money anything is possible. That said, if I was in your shoes and had enough money to perform such a swap, I would buy a better car instead.

Old 07-19-2019, 03:57 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

You might want to visit K20a.org, and do some reading on swaps. Since the Accord and the Integra share parts (both are basically Hondas), you can get an idea of what you might be up against. Plan on spending some money, as a K-swap isn't cheap. Take a look at Hasport's web site and their swap videos on you tube, as they make conversion mounts for almost all of the swaps.
My son is still gathering up the parts to do a K-swap into his 98 Civic. He already bought a 2002 RSX-s for a parts donor (eng, tans, shift cables, ecu, engine wiring harness, the bigger brakes (when he gets to that point) and a few other things). He paid 1100 for it, as it was a running driving car (was the PO's daily).

Old 07-19-2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
You might want to visit K20a.org, and do some reading on swaps. Since the Accord and the Integra share parts (both are basically Hondas), you can get an idea of what you might be up against. Plan on spending some money, as a K-swap isn't cheap. Take a look at Hasport's web site and their swap videos on you tube, as they make conversion mounts for almost all of the swaps.
My son is still gathering up the parts to do a K-swap into his 98 Civic. He already bought a 2002 RSX-s for a parts donor (eng, tans, shift cables, ecu, engine wiring harness, the bigger brakes (when he gets to that point) and a few other things). He paid 1100 for it, as it was a running driving car (was the PO's daily).
Im aware k swaps ain cheap but im not really aiming for q k swap, just a tranny and ecu swap, since ive looked up my engine and the engine itself is capable of 200+ hp. Are you saying that in ordee to do the si / type r swap i need another engine too?

Old 07-19-2019, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mk.Jxrdi
Im aware k swaps ain cheap but im not really aiming for q k swap, just a tranny and ecu swap, since ive looked up my engine and the engine itself is capable of 200+ hp. Are you saying that in ordee to do the si / type r swap i need another engine too?
Honestly, the best thing you can do at the moment is save your money, anything you pour into that car will be utterly and completely lost.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
Honestly, the best thing you can do at the moment is save your money, anything you pour into that car will be utterly and completely lost.
You right ig, ill just go do some more reading, and go to the website, manual swap qlone is already going to be q lengthy task. Ill do some more anylization

Old 07-20-2019, 08:27 PM

You right ig, ill just go do some more reading, and go to the website, manual swap qlone is already going to be q lengthy task. Ill do some more anylization
Keep in mind that a trans swap will require a different ECU, since after 95 (maybe) Honda integrated the engine and trans ecus into the same part (prior it was 2 units).

Old 07-20-2019, 08:40 PM

I wasn't saying to do a K-swap, but there's some good info on other ways to upgrade items like brakes there.
I general, the cost of doing a K-swap has come down, as there are more vehicles with a K motor in them in the pick n pulls.

Since you were trying to emulate a type r/Si, I suggested the K-swap, since the least power version of them is 150 hp, and they can go up to 200 hp for others. Usually a type R or Si is also suspension, brakes, and sway bars, to be able to take advantage of the extra power.