New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

First Car - 2000 Honda Accord Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Talking First Car - 2000 Honda Accord Sedan

Hey guys, Just bought my first car! I did a ton of research and eventually decided on a Honda because of all the great reviews that they get. I'm going to college in the fall so I wanted something that is bulletproof and good on gas (and hopefully good looking too). I ended up buying my 2000 Honda Accord Sedan i4 (I'll post some pictures after I pick it up on Sunday). I want to do a couple cheap mods (performance mostly but appearance if its cheap enough). I'm already doing a white LED mod and smoking my lights what would you guys recommend as the next mod with a $1K budget? I would love to get these 15"s off of this thing if anyone can point me towards some decent 4 lug 17" rims. I have also heard some good things about short ram or cold air intakes but I'm not quite sure which one to go for. But really anything you could recommend would be great. I'll look to see what posts already answer my questions but if you could comment here that would be great.
Thanks

Old 05-28-2013, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard, always exciting getting a new car, especially a first car. I think you made a good choice. Is it an automatic or manual?

As for mods Drag and XXR make some good quality rims that are on the cheaper side.

Cold air or short ram intakes are alright, they don't add much power, but are a good addition.

Also glad to see another northerner.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:44 AM

Hey man thanks for the tips I'll have to check out those rims. The cars an automatic so I'm not exactly looking to race it but just want to make it a little more interesting to drive. I assumed the ricer community would be really small in the north so its nice that the first person I talk to is a northerner... and after a little research I think your right about the intakes, they seem to be a really minor performance boost unless done right (something that I cant afford to do).
See ya around