New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Forum Newbie, soon to be Accord owner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 06:03 PM
H2oSki2Live
Unregistered
Default Forum Newbie, soon to be Accord owner?

Hello to all... from South Carolina, in the market for a new car and was leaning towards the Acura TL's until I started also looking at the Accords and have found myself giving serious consideration to a 2006 Accord EX. From prior experience I've learned that the best place to go to learn about a vehicle is other car owners, so I'm looking forward to learning from all of you current owners on the pros/cons of the Accord as I decide what I want to do!!! Hopefully a new Accord owner soon!

CK

Old 02-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Forum Newbie, soon to be Accord owner?

Hello New Member..Thank You for joining up with us...
Make sure you read the rules before posting and also try to use the search icon , it's invaluable

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 02-09-2008, 08:30 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Welcome to the forum!

Either car is great. If I could get either one for free, I would obviously pick the TL!

We need to know what you are looking for in a car before we can tell you which way to lean!

Old 02-09-2008, 11:01 PM

I'd pick the TL but if the accord is a v6, go for the accord. it really depends what ur aiming for. u have a good choice on the accord. 06-07 are the best ones to choose. what about tl?

Old 02-10-2008, 08:19 AM
H2oSki2Live
Unregistered

Thanks so much for the welcome. I've been searching the forums and history to try and learn more.

To answer a recent question, what I am looking for is a value vehicle that will run into the high miles, at a good price. I currently have a '95 Infiniti J30 with 186K on it. It's run like a gem and all I've basically done in maintenance have been oil changes. I know I want to replace the J30 so when I started looking I quickly was drawn to the Acura's. A little more looking and I have come to the opinion that for the $$$ I can get just as much ride, performance, luxury, reliability from an Accord, perhaps buy a little newer as well. I love the TL's but I'm also practical.

I run about 15-20,000 miles a year with my job and this will be my DD. Another important aspect of my search that I should mention is that I will be buying the Accord from an auto Auction. I have friends in the business and they are going to find the vehicle for me as soon as I give them the specs. This will also be a Southern vehicle, likely coming out of Atlanta, so it should be in great shape with no real exposure to salt from the North.

So this is what I am looking for:

Sedan
6 cylinder
Navigational System
Leather
25-30 mpg
Strong engine performance
Typical bells and whistles you would expect on a high end model

I think I am seeing what I want in the EX-L in the 2006 models. In addition, I am wondering if I should consider the 2005 Accords as well. I don't want any more than 40,000 miles on the ride either.

Any guidance/experience you can provide comparing/contrasting the '05 to the '06 would be very helpful!!! Thanks!

Old 02-14-2008, 10:59 PM

The 05 and 06 are two different accords. the 06-07 accords got slight redesigns. the v6 engines have 4 more hp, led lights, and soem more stuff. if u plan on getting a v6 sedan. by how u listed all what u wanted, u should definitely get a TL.
the only thing the TL probaly won't meet is ur MPG. But all depends on how u drive. if u get a cold air intake, it will add 1-3 mpg.

I'd just go ahead and go for the TL. if u wanted a 2 door, 06-07 accord coupe. I just prfer the TL as a sedan over the accord sedan but the accord coupe is SEXY. i'm just not that fond of the accord sedans.