Glove box light - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Glove box light

Old 03-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Smile Glove box light

Just bought a new 2014 Honda Accord and it drives like a dream. One rude awakening, though, was that there is no light in the glove box. What were they thinking? I found the perfect solution. For a few dollars I purchased a ritelite multi-function snail light which I attached to the interior of the glove box with double sticky tape. It is battery powered and comes with an on/bright/dim/off switch and it works perfectly. The product is Ritelite model no LPL882 and here is one web site that carries it:

"Rite Lite LPL882 LED Micro Light, White" - /www.dizbee.com

I purchased mine from our grocery store's hardware section. An alternative to double sticky tape is stick-on Velcro.

Old 03-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HAF.

Stange that there is not a light there already....but hey

Old 03-13-2014, 01:14 AM
Administrator

Hello newbie and welcome to the forums of the HAF..

Old 07-12-2018, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by exaramco View Post
Just bought a new 2014 Honda Accord and it drives like a dream. One rude awakening, though, was that there is no light in the glove box. What were they thinking? I found the perfect solution. For a few dollars I purchased a ritelite multi-function snail light which I attached to the interior of the glove box with double sticky tape. It is battery powered and comes with an on/bright/dim/off switch and it works perfectly. The product is Ritelite model no LPL882 and here is one web site that carries it:

"Rite Lite LPL882 LED Micro Light, White" - /www.dizbee.com

I purchased mine from our grocery store's hardware section. An alternative to double sticky tape is stick-on Velcro.
Hello, yes there is, but, it only works with the driving lights on. By the way, don't bother to replace it with a LED bulb, it's worst due to the little "box" design where the bulb is "hidden".