New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Glove Box Light

Old 02-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Default Glove Box Light

I have a 2011 V6 Accord and there is no light in the glove box. I've owned several other accords (all V6) and all have had a light in the glove box. The dealer said that the V6 Accord do not have a light but the 4 cylinder accords do have a glove box light. They said it is a design issue over which they have no control.

Hard to believe one can purchase the top of the line accord (V6 Leather with Navigation) and not have a little light in the glove box. Note the overhead light do not help much in illuminating inside the glove box at night.

Curious what the rest of you think about this?? Thanks.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Administrator

A flashlight seems to be in order...
Welcome to the HAF.. No lights needed in here..Thanks for joining

Old 02-20-2011, 08:05 AM

Thanks. I do keep a little LED flashlight in there just in case. However, I need a little light to find the flashlight!!

Old 04-07-2019, 02:50 AM

I thought I was the only one aggravated by this. Also, where’s the step or door courtesy lights, and the pretty little metal “Accord” on the floor mats. This is my 4th Accord and after just buying it (I’m 2nd owner at 18k miles) without truly looking it over, i’m ticked. I never would have assumed that it wouldn’t even be HALF as nice as my 2001! I’m running top of the line too...Ex-L V6.
i’ve never had to replace more interior parts from them breaking...had this many holes in my carpet from my heel... and rubbery leather ripping off....OMG and don’t make me start on the lack of insulation in this one...

still kept her though.... and wax her all the time bc she’s my baby....
i just know I can’t trust Honda now to keep up with the same consistency in quality so I’ll either be getting an Avalon next or making sure to get it out better before buying...

Old 04-07-2019, 12:04 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Brooke Canaday
I thought I was the only one aggravated by this. Also, where’s the step or door courtesy lights, and the pretty little metal “Accord” on the floor mats. This is my 4th Accord and after just buying it (I’m 2nd owner at 18k miles) without truly looking it over, i’m ticked. I never would have assumed that it wouldn’t even be HALF as nice as my 2001! I’m running top of the line too...Ex-L V6.
i’ve never had to replace more interior parts from them breaking...had this many holes in my carpet from my heel... and rubbery leather ripping off....OMG and don’t make me start on the lack of insulation in this one...

still kept her though.... and wax her all the time bc she’s my baby....
i just know I can’t trust Honda now to keep up with the same consistency in quality so I’ll either be getting an Avalon next or making sure to get it out better before buying...
Is the glove box deeper on the 2012 than on the 01? Just asking as the 6th gen Accord has a very deep glove box.

Old 04-18-2019, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
Is the glove box deeper on the 2012 than on the 01? Just asking as the 6th gen Accord has a very deep glove box.
The glove box seems a lot smaller to me, but I'm not exactly sure if it is deeper. All I really notice is that the glove box must be angled different, or something, because everytime I shut it it seems to have something is in the way of the part that latches shut. For the most part, I always seem to have the same stuff in my glove box; it's just... everything doesn't fit as happy in this newer Accord.