New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Right place?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 10:58 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Right place?

Last forum was not. I'm a retired Auto Instructor. I have a small Mustang Restoration business I have owned, back when I first started teaching. I do that only now, since I retired. So yes, I know a lot of automobiles., mechanical and body. However, this is the first Accord I have owned and experience is a great thing, that is why I am here. . . . for help or ideas when I need some experience. My Accord is a semi daily driver. I actually have a couple vehicles I would call that . .but I searched for this Accord and bought it when I found what I was looking for. I wanted a 4 cylinder Coupe, with 5 speed. I'm not interested in speed from this car, just a nice ride and one that looks good. As well as good MPGs. IMO, as long as your are getting good MPGs, the fun meter needle can still swing far, even without speed

Old 04-17-2019, 02:28 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by PetesPonies
Last forum was not. I'm a retired Auto Instructor. I have a small Mustang Restoration business I have owned, back when I first started teaching. I do that only now, since I retired. So yes, I know a lot of automobiles., mechanical and body. However, this is the first Accord I have owned and experience is a great thing, that is why I am here. . . . for help or ideas when I need some experience. My Accord is a semi daily driver. I actually have a couple vehicles I would call that . .but I searched for this Accord and bought it when I found what I was looking for. I wanted a 4 cylinder Coupe, with 5 speed. I'm not interested in speed from this car, just a nice ride and one that looks good. As well as good MPGs. IMO, as long as your are getting good MPGs, the fun meter needle can still swing far, even without speed
Welcome Pete. You didn't mention what year Accord you have, but they are great driving machines. It's amazing what a little maintenance on these cars will do for them. We use my wife's 00 Accord LX sedan for road trips, as it holds 4 people in comfort, gets decent fuel economy, will run 75+ on the highway with the AC and cruise on. It currently has 239K on it. My 99 Accord sedan I picked up cheap enough, that I could dump a few bucks into it, and have a very solid 4 seasons car. Like you, I have others to drive, but I find myself in the Accord more often than not. It's a 4 cylinder 5 speed car, which is why I like driving it. It's got 235K on it.

Old 04-17-2019, 02:56 PM
Newest Of Newbies

It's a 2003 Coupe 2.4L 5 speed. It's not like catching gears in a BB Mustang, but it's fun to drive

Old 04-17-2019, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

I just approved that other thread. Nothing wrong with it, but I suspect all the photo links from a new user just triggered some automatic thing that a moderator had to look at. We have had plenty of spam posts with everything from mail-order-medications to offensive pictures.

It's pretty common for a new user to post something that would normally "belong" in a different area. I usually just move them which doesn't mean any kind of problem for the new user.

Old 04-17-2019, 04:34 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I don't see it, did you move it? I just found the exhaust forum, I guess it should be there.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

You posted it in the DIY forum. That's normally for someone who either puts together some kind of "how-to" instructions and/or photos that are relatively complete & helpful for someone doing the job to their car. Seems like it fit OK.

edit...
but I just saw another moderator didn't think it fit, so I just put it into the "exhaust" area.

Last edited by JimBlake; 04-17-2019 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:32 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Everything I post on that thread, still says it won't be posted until a moderator approves it.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by PetesPonies
Everything I post on that thread, still says it won't be posted until a moderator approves it.
Give it some time, Jim will figure it out. He's a big help around here.

Old 04-18-2019, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

TC's got a lot of misguided faith in me...(!)

I see 4 posts in that thread, all yours, and none of them indicate they need moderator approval. Yes, at first they did, but today they show up just like a normal post that everyone can see.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
TC's got a lot of misguided faith in me...(!)

I see 4 posts in that thread, all yours, and none of them indicate they need moderator approval. Yes, at first they did, but today they show up just like a normal post that everyone can see.
See, you did fix it.