New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hello all, need some Honda vets expertise

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 06:10 PM
tsopranos
Unregistered
Default Hello all, need some Honda vets expertise

Hello all...found this forum by doing a quick google search.

I would be forever grateful to anyone who could help me find this mod/kit for my car.
I have looked ALL OVER the web for this specific body kit after finding the pic itself on Google Images.
All the kits that I've seen are too flashy for my taste.

I emailed the guys @ http://www.andysautosport.com/and they didn't know who made the kit.
I also brought a pic of it to a local Auto Customization shop and he wasn't able to track it down (still trying though).
The guy at this shop did mention it looked like a lip kit, which I guess helps steer me in a better direction.

Here's the kit:

Name:  HondaBodyKit.jpg
Views: 2405
Size:  36.0 KB

Here's a couple pics of mine:

Name:  HondaFrontSide.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  50.3 KB

Name:  HondaProfile.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  47.9 KB

Old 04-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Hello all, need some Honda vets expertise

Both are great looking Accords, you need to drop yours though. It does look a lot like it's just a lip kit, maybe a front bumper, but I think the pic is just too bad of quality to tell. I think the bumper is stock, it's just too dark so it looks like the lower grille was removed. It also has a Mugen grille and JDM cleared headlights, in case you were wondering.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:20 PM
tsopranos
Unregistered

Thanks for the prompt reply finch.
Yeah, definitely going to drop the car. So many things that I wanna do, so little time

Thanks for the info. on the grille & headlights btw!
I'm learning as I go with the whole customization process. Would you mind if I rifle off a few more quest's?

1) I've been looking at the Eibach sets, particularly the Pro-System Kitwhich would only drop it around 1.5 inches. But do I need to use coilovers for adjustability? The rear usually sags a bit more than the front so I'm not sure if this kit would work. I guess I need a rundown of the components...dampeners, etc., etc. Anti-roll bar shouldn't be necessary I don't think if I'm lowering, mine isonly a 4 cyl.

2) Headlights... which one's would you recommend? The JDM's look nice. I've been looking at the selection on this site. Also, wouldyou recommend HID or Xenon's? Could I buya pair of headlights on that page and just swap out the bulb with a HID or will that not work?

3) Kits...I heard fiberglass sucks and polyurethane is the way to go. Thoughts?

4)Estimated price for all this and any tips from your personal experience? Once I find a kit that I like, I'm going full steam ahead...kit, lowering, headlights, paint job.Any advice you can give here as far as dealing with the auto body shop, online purchasing vs. in-store, etc. would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Rob D.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:58 PM

ORIGINAL: tsopranos

1) I've been looking at the Eibach sets, particularly the Pro-System Kit which would only drop it around 1.5 inches. But do I need to use coilovers for adjustability? The rear usually sags a bit more than the front so I'm not sure if this kit would work. I guess I need a rundown of the components...dampeners, etc., etc. Anti-roll bar shouldn't be necessary I don't think if I'm lowering, mine is only a 4 cyl.

2) Headlights... which one's would you recommend? The JDM's look nice. I've been looking at the selection on this site. Also, would you recommend HID or Xenon's? Could I buy a pair of headlights on that page and just swap out the bulb with a HID or will that not work?

3) Kits...I heard fiberglass sucks and polyurethane is the way to go. Thoughts?

4) Estimated price for all this and any tips from your personal experience? Once I find a kit that I like, I'm going full steam ahead...kit, lowering, headlights, paint job. Any advice you can give here as far as dealing with the auto body shop, online purchasing vs. in-store, etc. would be helpful.
1. Eibach springs have a great reputation, but they're damper's not so much. For adjustable height, yes you would need coilovers. For adjustable dampening you would just need adjustable shocks (i.e. KYB AGX or Koni Yellows). Anti-roll bars work great on all cars no matter what size they are. Some people go aftermarket or some go OE (i.e. sway bars from an Acura CL (a few mm bigger)).

2. I've had the Anzo projectors before, they're okay. The light output on aftermarket projectors is not nearly as good as a retrofit of, say, Acura TSX projectors, but that option is fairly pricey. I'm a big fan of cleared OE lights to keep out the ricey look. You can but the light cleared/blackhoused or do it yourself. HID/Xenon are the same thing, although some companies market regular halogen bulbs as "Xenon". A true HID kit comes with ballasts. HIDs are said to work best in projectors, but falkore24 had HIDs in his stock headlamps. You can buy any of those headlights and put HIDs in them, just remember that aftermarket projectors usually use a smaller bulb (H1/H3) than the stock lights (9006/9005).

3. On body kits, fiberglass will crack and chip a lot easier than urethane. Urethane kits have been described as "indestructable" but they come with a price. I'm not a fan of body kits so I haven't looked into them too much.

4. Prices:

- Eibach Pro-Kits can go down to $180 some places. Expect to pay between $150-200 for springs, $350-$700 for dampers, or $650 - $1500 for a full coilover set-up. Drops over 1" recommend using front and rear camber kits (another $200).

- I've seen OEM replacement lights go for ~$100 each, aftermarket projectors can be found for $100 on eBay up to $350 at retail. The last time I read anything about a retrofit I think it carried a $1000 price tag (it's all custom work)

- Body kits can vary a lot depending on manufacturer and material, whether or not it's a lip, side skit, or full kit. I'll say $100 for a lip up to $600 for a full fiberglass kit.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:11 AM
tsopranos
Unregistered

Thanks for all the great info. finch. Can I hire you as my personal advisor on this project?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:17 AM

Sure... I charge $1000 an hour.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:40 AM

i charge if u can get women to my door for a quickie. [sm=nono.gif]
(**Watch out with the Inundos my friend **)

WheelBrokerAng

Old 04-24-2008, 10:51 AM
tsopranos
Unregistered

Nice, I'll fly you out tomorrow in my personal jet. [8D]