General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Ongoing problems, transmission, knock sensor, need help/ expertise.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Angry Ongoing problems, transmission, knock sensor, need help/ expertise.

So I removed the intake manifold on my 2003 v6 ex coupe auto, only too see something had indeed chewed my knock sensor wiring. That sucked. But worse is finding after I changed my transmission fluid, the transmission still is acting up just as worse as before. I havent checked the filter yet, because I'm actually not too sure if my car has a transmission fluid filter. That being said, do I lose all hope and pronounce the tranny dead, or do I investigate further, if so... How? Also, any recalls for my transmission yall know about? All help is appreciated.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

I'll include the link to your previous thread to provide some more background info. for others to possibly help.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...problem-51783/

Before, writing off the transmission, check the following:
  1. You haven't indicated any trouble codes related to the transmission. Have you tried to read the car again for any trouble codes? There may be pending trouble codes even without a Check Engine Light.
  2. The part about when you shut off the car and restart it and there is no problem could indicate a problem with the PCM, wiring, or connectors. The PCM is located in the cabin under the center console, accessible from the passenger side.
  3. Due to the rodent chew found related to the knock sensor, you might want to check other wiring and connectors in the engine compartment. Check the grounds for the PCM and transmission. See link: Honda-Tech - View Single Post - 04' Accord V6 Tranny problems + codes
There was a safety recall to install an oil jet kit to improve oil flow for heat dissipation between the countershaft and secondary shaft 2nd gears in the A/T. However, it probably won't help with your situation.

Honda TSB 04-037

Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 PM

Much appreciated, I'll look into it.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:37 PM

It was the pressure control solenoid, getting it replaced Here's the link to my last thread https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...olenoid-52478/