New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Help? I think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Jessica
Unregistered
Default Help? I think?

I recently bought a 1990 Honda Accord from a private seller for a thousand dollars. He stated the only problem with the car is that the CV boots [or whatever they are] needed to be replaced. The seller asked us not to drive the car since there weren't any license plates on the car at the time. I should have been questioning of him, but he seemed trustworthy so I ignored it for the most part. Once we got it home, we discovered many other problems with the Honda. My mothers boyfriend stated when he got up to about fifty-five, the car started shaking quite a bit. The gauges didn't work whatsoever, the car is a bit loud when it's running - especially when turning, the brakes go to the floor when you barely put any pressure on it at all and the gas pedal needs a little more than usual pressure applied to it. There are a few other problems, such as the drivers door not opening until you try about hundred times. It seems that someone had tried to break into the car previously and pretty much screwed up the entire door. The windows had been replaced sometime in the past because the windows are definitely not the right size - they don't fit under the seal. The drivers seat isn't even bolted into the car! I'm just wondering how much it might cost to get everything working alright. Any comments? questions?

Old 02-12-2005, 03:05 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Help? I think?

Jessica you I think have been had..

If you go to the police and tell them you were sold a unsafe vehicle and show them all you've put in here then you may stand a chance on getting your money back..

The police I'm talking about would be your State Police, they are the ones who inspect cars for road worthiness..

Check it out with them and see if I may be right.. By the way WELCOME To The Forums..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 02-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Deleted User
Unregistered
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 03-14-2005, 03:58 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Help? I think?

Jessic..did you do anything about your car...I'm sure we'd like to know what the police did for you..

WheelBrokerAng