New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

I'm new here and a prospective Accord buyer

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 10:11 PM
turbovation
Unregistered
Default I'm new here and a prospective Accord buyer

Hi everyone, my name is Dan and I'm new on this forum. I have owned Ford Focus' for the past 3 years and been active on focaljet and focusfanatics forums for the entire duration of my ownership.I have enjoyed them, but I'm considering selling my 2004 SVT Focus, and buying a2004 Honda Accord EX coupe with a V6and 6spd manual. The car is a candy-appleish red one that I foundat a local small dealership and I am thinking about taking the car to a honda dealership tomorrow to have it inspected. The dealership is run by Iranians so I am slightly skeptical of issues with dignity, but that's why I want ot have Honda look at the car. The window sticker said "as is--no warranty" but I want to have a warranty for as long as I possibly can just in case. The car has 46,000 miles on the odo. and it runs like a champ. It was owned by somebody in New Jersey for a little under two years. In those two years, the car accumulated what seems to be a decent amount of salt corrosion on the engine and some of the metal breather hoses. The exhaust system seems to have small patches of corrosion but nothing serious, and the undercarriage and frame don't seem corroded at all. The car looks as though it was recently repainted.

I'm a little nervous that corrosion could cause frame damage down the road and a lot of time and money could be spent that could be avoided all together by not buying the car, but I really want to buy the car because it is awesome, reliable, beautiful and well, it's a honda so fit and finish and reliability will be crucial in the purchase. I live in sunny san diego, so I'm hoping the car will get acclimated to these parts and I won't have to worry about it giving me trouble down the road.

Anyways, I guess my only questions are if I should be worried about salt corrosion in the future, and if there is any way to get a warranty after the fact and how much the warranty would cost, and also how much would it cost me to have Honda do a nice thorough pre-purchase inspection?

Thanks for reading!

Dan K