New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Insurance - Discounts For Specific Features?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Mish
Unregistered
Default Insurance - Discounts For Specific Features?

Hey all,

I was just curious to know what discounts could be applied to my new policy for my 08 Honda Accord EX? I was told I could get some additional money off because of the safety features in it.

Anyone know?

[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 04-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Default RE: Insurance - Discounts For Specific Features?

Some may tell you to ask me this question since I adjust insurance claims for a living, however I do not know the answer to this as I work with commercial claims only and my knowledge ofpremium discounts is relatively nonexistent.
If I were you, I would call my insurance agent and ask them. They should be able to tell you. If they cannot, the underwriter for your insurance policy should be able to tell you for sure.
However, I can tell you that all insurance companies are different - meaning some may offer discounts and some may not.
SorryI couldn't be of more help!

Old 04-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, ask your insurance agent.

My insurance company does, but they automatically KNOW about that stuff based on the VIN of the car. For example when I bought my new '95 Integra, they knew it came with ABS & air bags. Unfortunately, they also knew it was a GSR (extra horsepower)...

The stuff you want to mention to the agent is stuff that's not related to the car itself. Like kids or yourself being on honor roll or dean's list at school. Have you taken a 'Defensive Driving' course or something like that? Have you installed any aftermarket stuff like LoJack?

Old 04-30-2008, 04:01 PM

Yes as JimBlake said we people in the insuranceindustry automatically know what comes stock on you car simply by the VIN# you give us when we write your policy. That way we don't get cheated out of premium if someone is driving a Mustang Cobra and tries to say it is a 6cyl Mustang or something haha.

That is why I would think your policy would automatically be discounted on your initial quote since you have to give them the VIN#.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Etched windows, vehicle alarm ... especially if it auto-arms ...