New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Lost in maine but Auto-xing it

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 01:29 AM
LostinMaine
Unregistered
Default Lost in maine but Auto-xing it

Hey Im located in southern maine and have a black 1990 Accord with the normal rear quarter rust. Just bought a set of 14" rims running 185/60 for better handeling. Loooking into getting a cheap cat back and a large swaybar inorder to bring the car up to the limit of its class. Racing rubber is a little out of the price range of a college student right now

My name is Eric and I am a 2nd year student at U Maine Farmington

Anything else is not really all that important and its getting to late to think about it

Old 07-10-2006, 02:23 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Lost in maine but Auto-xing it

Hello lost in main member..
Glad to have you on the forums, please feel free to ask for information and talk to your new friends in here..

WheelbrokerAng

Old 07-10-2006, 05:09 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

welcome

Old 07-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Eric...
Are you thinking in the line of SCCA? or another...
Come back in a talk with us...we'd like to know what your planning on doing!

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-24-2006, 01:28 AM
LostinMaine
Unregistered

Right now i race with the cumberland motor club here in maine. They are close to my house, and still being in college it makes life easier. My intent is to build the car up for this. The plans on the table right now are to get a new set of seats(i hate the way the stock ones feel) and a low boost turbo kit somewhere around 6-8psi. Coil overs and someother suspention work(see what comes my way). Right now i am running on the 14" alloy wheels and racing HS because when i make the jump in class i want it to be all at once and not over time. Right now i have the turbo and people have a P06 ecu for me. I need the manifold and the intercooler to compleat the bulk of the turbo set up. I also have a pretty good line of the suspention stuff i will need next year to make my self competivite. The last realy expencive thing i need are the R compound tire to put on my stock 14" steelies. I figure if i can get all that done for next season i will be doing well.
I will be doing the rest of the buying in the spring sometime after i pay for my 2nd semester books and get setteled in.
My reasoning for the turbo is i can build it and tune it myself i dont have to outsource it to someone i dont know well. Also my last car was a turbo and i miss the feel of it in a way. I could run larger amounts of boost but it would cause greater turbo lag and on a tight course, like a lot of the ones found in this neck of the woods, it would be like shooting myself in the foot.
As for curent racing plans i am heading out to the races this weekend to autocross with the CMC and hopefully reel in the GTI that wooped my last time

As for the stuff mentioned like the exhaust and such it is all factored into the turbo and suspention work and can wait to start on the build up in the spring.

Cross my fingers and hope this fall and winter go well... if so i think i will be having a lot of fun at the track come this time next year.

If anyone has any input on my ideas or wants to tell me im nuts go right ahead i would like to see what other people have to say on the topic and maybe come up with a better plan. Right now everything is in the air i have comitted to anything and i am working with a mostly clean slate here.