New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

lucas oil treatment??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 10:25 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Angry lucas oil treatment??

hey i had a small chatter on bottom end of engine so i put some lucas oil treatment in it and now it sounds like my engine is knocking??? any ideas as to what happened? Before i had a little knock on cold starts like maybe a bearing was bad or going bad but after the lucas oil treatment i dont know what happened, it sounds worse.

Old 06-19-2019, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Oil treatments, regardless of brand, are a waste of money. In your case, it sounds like the engine had already reached the end of its useful life, and the viscosity change in the oil due to the Lucas treatment simply pushed it over the edge of a pretty big cliff. At this point your best option would probably be to buy a used motor from a junk yard and put it in. Good running motors for your car are inexpensive and plentiful.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:41 AM
Newest Of Newbies

yea my uncle said it spun the bearing that was already bad being the lucas treatment is so thicker than oil. Thing is i just bought a 93 lx just for the motor and it ran fine
(no knocking or tapping at all, no oil light, nothing) when i bought it. So i swapped engines and now this? What did i do wrong when changing engines to make it do that?

Old 06-19-2019, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Slammed92Acoord
yea my uncle said it spun the bearing that was already bad being the lucas treatment is so thicker than oil. Thing is i just bought a 93 lx just for the motor and it ran fine
(no knocking or tapping at all, no oil light, nothing) when i bought it. So i swapped engines and now this? What did i do wrong when changing engines to make it do that?
This being the internet and not a fly on the wall watching you do the swap, it is almost impossible to know what you did.

Old 06-19-2019, 02:09 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by Slammed92Acoord
A dry start with no oil in it will do it quickly. Honda engines are supercritical to oil loss. Eric the car guy swapped 3 engines into a Honda Civic, because the owner never checked the oil level and ran it dry.