New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New and desperate!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 08:23 AM
arushinmusic
Unregistered
Default New and desperate!

Hi people.

Wow... some very clever people on this forum.

I wonder if anyone can help me.
I bought a Honda Accord 2Ltr saloon (96 on an N)about six monthe ago and I love her!
She has had a small problem with an intermittent fault with the speedo stopping and the S light flashing on long journeys, but even when this happens...she still runs like a dream.
Just over a week ago, I took her in for her annual M.O.T and she sailed through with just a small blow from the exhaust.
I was really impressed because of the recent changes made to the U.K. M.O.T. (they now are VERY strict!)
All was well until a few days ago when the rev counter started having a fit.
As she warms up the revs flick between about 1000 and 2000 R.P.M. and the whole engine throws a wobbler.
She still drives, but you can feel her trying to pull occasionally.
NOW... i have sifted through the forum and I believe that I have developed a vacuum leak!
Problem is.... where do I start looking for a fix. Believe me... what I know about cars could be written in LARGE letters... on the back of a postage stamp!
Can someone please help?
My direct email is tonyrushin@hotmail.com
My thanks go out to you in advance.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: New and desperate!

hi welcome to the forum. the problem with your speedo is your VSS or vehicle speed sensor. I dont think that would have anything to do with your idle, but could affect driveability when cruising down the road. your could have a shakey idle because of a broken motor mount, or it might just need a tune up. if you dont know much about cars you should take it in though.

lightshow