New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

NEW TO F.I (familiar w/ carb) NEEDS SERIOUS HELP!!! serious tuners please inquire!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 02:37 PM
OlSkool
Unregistered
Default NEW TO F.I (familiar w/ carb) NEEDS SERIOUS HELP!!! serious tuners please inquire!!!

I've got a 1986 Honda Accord LXi hatchback....a dinosaur in the sport compact world I know(hence the name OlSkool), but I love it so. It's got a A20A Programmed F.I. inline four. The books tell me that was the upgrade from the carb version taking the car from 98 hp to approx 110. This is only found on paper, never self tested. I know enough about my car and engine to know its not in wide use at all anymore....pretty much throwaways nowadays. I know that parts will interchange through the A-series (all 7 of them big whoop). The questions I have are: Will any parts swap interchangably between other engine series (ignition, fuel management systems, harnesses, fuel rail, ect.) OR Can I swap the entire engine if I had another whole engine & computer? If I can't do any major swaps could you guys suggest some damned good streetable bolt-on's that would get me into the competitve lane? I know that I can do head-work (planing, porting, polishing), but can I get aftermarket ignitions w/ coil, cam, throttle body, fuel rails, ect......that would go in an A-series engine? Please give all suggestions possible. At this point I'm learning what I can find. Thankx. OlSkool

Old 09-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Administrator
Default RE: NEW TO F.I (familiar w/ carb) NEEDS SERIOUS HELP!!! serious tuners please inquire!!!

Hell OlSkool..
although I cant help you with those answers , I can at least Welcome you to your new home on the internet..
I'm sure one of our Motorheads will get you the correct answers to your questions..

WheelbrokerAng
Here's a engine for you to look at

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/B812B7178A8843138DDAAEBC8A14A2A6.jpg[/IMG]