New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Honda Quality ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Default New Honda Quality ?

i just bought my new 2007 Accord EX-L.. I've had an Acura Integra before, which ran like a champ. I chose HOnda because i've had a solid experience with my Acura.
I know the new Accords are made in US now, but my Integra was made in Japan. do you think HOnda did a good job implementing the quality control here in US? are the US made honda inferior in terms of quality control? does honda these days stand up to the quality Acura has established in the past? i am very suprised to see so many complains on Accord Quality, what you'all think?

Old 02-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Default RE: New Honda Quality ?

Comparing the build quality of a 2000 Acura TL that I had to the '07 Accord, the Accord fairs pretty well considering that the Accord doesn't have all the goodies on it like the Acura did.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:55 PM

I form this opinion from a lot ofreading not experience. I feel they have slipped a bit since they were all built in Japan. Mine is Japan built and I've had none of the ****ling squeaks and rattles that seem to plague many of the 7th generation Ohio built models. On some sites I frequent several have traded their Accord due to the above mentioned problems. Now that the 5 speed auto trannies have been fixed it seems that engines and power trains are solid but it's the little things that are pissing people off.

Rotors that warp over and over, rear brakes that wear out around 25,000 miles, and the aforementioned squeaks and rattles seem to be the biggest problems that have not been resolved yet. Mine had the front rotors warp right off the bat and warranty covered it. There was a recall on something to do with one airbag, warranty covered that too. I had a piece of trim that surrounds the manual gearshift break, once again warranty covered it. No fighting a dealer on any of these things, they were handled professionally and with minimum inconvenience to me. I would buy another Accord but I think I'd seek out a made in Japan model if they still exist when the time comes.

FWIW the Camry has been suffering a few problems of its own too.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:21 PM

Well engine wise i think the accords are great. I beat the crap out of ine all the time, and yet its in tip top shape. But i also change the oil every 3k. Suspension wise they arent the greatest. I known to hae prb with rotors. But that was easily fixed with better aftermarket parts. For alsmost the same price as facotry ones.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:09 PM

check out consumer reports & that'll clear up any worries you have. iirc, the japan built honda's & toyota's have a little better quality, but not much. i've had my 95 accord (built in ohio) & i've only had to do routine maintenance. no squeaks/rattles either...runs like a champ.

i also don't hear these complaints that you're mentioning. everyone sells a lemon, but you want to look at averages/aggregates, which consumer reports displays.