New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Old 02-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Default New Member

Well, hello everyone,

I was looking for questions on swapping an H22 into my car so i looked up forums and this is what came up, so here I am. I drive a 94 Ex with not a lot special done to it. The guy that owned it before me put crappy coil-overs on it so i have a camber problem right now. Will be getting some Tein Springs shortly. He also put Niche Bella Chrome wheels that I swear weigh about 40lbs a piece on the car[sm=bling.gif]. Now the chrome on the inside lip is peeling so I will be picking up some RS Elite Bronze split 5 spokes probably tomorrow. I am going to stick with the 17s for the price diff and the fact that I already have tires that will fit on them. I need to get a lip for the front as well due to the fact of the last owners girlfriend ramming it into a curb about a dozen times. I like the look of Greddy's lip so I might go that direction. Other than that it has clear corners [:'(] and clear bumper lights[:'(]

Other than that the body is in great condition, one fender has like a golf ball sized ding and thats it.

Motor wise its really strong, the guy put a matriX cold air intake on it and aftermarket muffler, which sounds good when the car is warm and bad when its cold, it kind of makes a brraaappp sound. I put a not too loud stereo into the car, just a couple 10s and a new deck and new coax's, I thought that the car had tweets in the dash but apparently it was an additional option that was not opted for, so i will get components and put the tweets in the factory spots.

I'm going to do H22 and eventually turbo it, I haven't done the research but if I go intercooler I think I'll have to get an aftermarket bumper and I really hope that I don't have to get some ridiculous one that is 90% rice and 10% function

Thats it for now, I will probably ask some questions on tech post pretty soon cause there is some small stuff I want to try out with dash lights and such[sm=vader.gif]

Old 02-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Default RE: New Member

hey welcome to the forum. I am actually thinking of doing an h22 motor swap myself the accord. i'm actually planning on buying the block tearing it down and putting new pistons, valve train, lowerblock components. anything i can change will most likely be changed.
so good luck to you and hope you can help us with our stuff and we'll help you with yours.