New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 02:12 AM
98V6
Unregistered
Default NEW MEMBER

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum I'll try to enjoy my stay but personally I don't know much about honda or accord but I do own one. I did mods to it in the past but mostly bolt ons. Everything is back to stock but I want to see if I can study up on some things and treat an accord the way it should be treated.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Default RE: NEW MEMBER

Welcome

Old 08-22-2005, 11:44 PM

welcome, im new to the mod scene myself, only been at it a couple of months but having a lot of fun
with it, hondas are of course one of the best makes to get into this with due to the variety of aftermarket pars available our cars, i have th 2000 v6 so our cars are probably very similar.

good luck there is a lot of help in here if you look around and ask questions.

this site has helped me tremendously thus far

Old 08-23-2005, 01:44 AM
Administrator

Hi 98V6...

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to the forums...

I would first off buy yourself a new accord Haynes book so that you could study up on just the normal, regular thing about your Honda.

This way you will know more about your car as you start to go into the modding aspect of your ride...

Later and again Welcome ...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 08-23-2005, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: WheelBrokerAng

Hi 98V6...

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to the forums...

I would first off buy yourself a new accord Haynes book so that you could study up on just the normal, regular thing about your Honda.

This way you will know more about your car as you start to go into the modding aspect of your ride...

Later and again Welcome ...

WheelBrokerAng
so the haynes is worth buying? I was goign to get one and someone told me don't waste my money.

Old 08-23-2005, 10:39 PM

i bought the haynes manual, its brilliant, it does not cover any mod work or aftermarket install issues, however it does cover a multitude of standard repair and scheduled maintenance issues, has a simple to follow, very illustrated style.
i used it so far for the following:

changed headlight assembly, had to drop the front spoiler, who' d have thunk it!!

tailight assmbly, very easy job

used it to help when i changed out the oem rotors

best and most helpful $15 or so i spent on the car.

worth a buy for any car owner, if only to avoid being ripped off by less than honest repair shops!!!

Old 08-24-2005, 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: dinzer

i bought the haynes manual, its brilliant, it does not cover any mod work or aftermarket install issues, however it does cover a multitude of standard repair and scheduled maintenance issues, has a simple to follow, very illustrated style.
i used it so far for the following:

changed headlight assembly, had to drop the front spoiler, who' d have thunk it!!

tailight assmbly, very easy job

used it to help when i changed out the oem rotors

best and most helpful $15 or so i spent on the car.

worth a buy for any car owner, if only to avoid being ripped off by less than honest repair shops!!!
sounds like a good investment

Old 08-25-2005, 03:28 PM

Haynes is a great investment for a beginner, you'll find yourself doing more repairs than mods over time anyway. If you get real serious go for the Helms manual...more expensive, but it shows everything.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: 6thgen

Haynes is a great investment for a beginner, you'll find yourself doing more repairs than mods over time anyway. If you get real serious go for the Helms manual...more expensive, but it shows everything.
that was my next question