New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member with '97 Accord LX

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:00 AM
Default New Member with '97 Accord LX

Hello People,
My wife and I bought a used '97 Accord Sedan LX a couple months ago; we bought it with the intentions of being a commuter car for her. The car is in very rough shape and I know I got a lot of work ahead of me. She don't really care because she don't care that much, but I do. I first want to mention that I am having smog issues with it but thanks to a buddy he found some answers for me so I'm hoping that problem will be resolved soon.

The next problem I have is finding a free online manual for the car. I looked at several of your old threads and tried the many links (hondahookup, hondatech, manualspace, etc.) but none of them show the manual for my specific car; they only one close to it was a coupe. I sure could use some advice about where I can get a free manual online. I will be checking more on the forum as time goes on for some great advice, thanks for all that you do!!!

Nick
Madera, CA

Old 11-16-2015, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Welcome to HAF!

Even though the downloads may not be a perfect match they will be useful for most systems.

Also check ebay for low cost used manuals. i think there was more than one for 97 Accord.

good luck

Old 11-16-2015, 11:05 AM

Welcome

I agree with checking eBay for a manual. You could also call around to some salvage yards and see if they have your make and model, take a trip out there and see if the manual is still in it. I just pulled a hood from a '98 LX sedan and the manual was still in the glove compartment. Looked brand new (which is probably why the car was in the junkyard in the first place, haha).

Barring any catastrophic failure, once you get your Accord fixed up, it'll run for many, many miles and shouldn't have many problems. I like older Hondas; they seem to last forever, even when they look/are in bad shape, like mine was before I got it.

Old 11-16-2015, 12:00 PM

Welcome to the forum, Rangerman