New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Poster/New Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Revolutionary
Unregistered
Default New Poster/New Car

Hello all,

I just bought a 2005 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe.......Black on black. So far I love it.

I would like suggestions on how to soop (sp?) it up a little. I would like to do the following to the car and would love and appreciate greatly suggestions on what to get and from where from some of the more experienced people on this site.

1) Spoiler

2) Wheels - 18" probably and I would lower the car by 1" or so. Other sizes I would consider also depending on the price. Chrome with black wheels are ideal. I've found some that I like so far.....XXR001 and XXR008....what do you think about these?

3) Lights - would like to change up the standard front lights I have........preferably halogen or something else that looks cool. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help.....looking forward to learning some things here.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Revolutionary
Unregistered
Default RE: New Poster/New Car

Bueller? Bueller?

Old 05-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

1)There are many different variations of spoilers, ranging from stock ones to huge aluminum monstrositys. For these i would check out extremedimensions.com they have a pretty good variety on aftermarket spoilers

2)the part numbers you gave dont do anyone any good. Brand and model names would help. I would check out tirerack.com and wheelsnext.com

3)You can buy the $20 blue headlights at almost any auto parts store. Or you can get authentic HIDs for about $170. I would recommend ddmtuning.com for authentic HIDs

Old 05-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Revolutionary
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: live2rice

1)There are many different variations of spoilers, ranging from stock ones to huge aluminum monstrositys. For these i would check out extremedimensions.com they have a pretty good variety on aftermarket spoilers

2)the part numbers you gave dont do anyone any good. Brand and model names would help. I would check out tirerack.com and wheelsnext.com

3)You can buy the $20 blue headlights at almost any auto parts store. Or you can get authentic HIDs for about $170. I would recommend ddmtuning.com for authentic HIDs

Thanks for the suggestions. Tirerack is kinda expensive but is great to see what the wheels look like on the car.....then go to a different site which is cheaper and purchase.........I like that idea I was looking at a place called wheelmax.com and here are the 2 wheels I was looking at......let me know what you think:

1) http://www.wheelmax.com/popUpImage.a...MAX-001-BP.gif

2) http://www.wheelmax.com/popUpImage.a...MAX-008-BP.gif

The spoilers I saw on extremedimensions were "too much" but again, I appreciate the suggestion. I am thinking about going with a Honda spoiler off of eBay for $120. Don't know how hard it will be to install but I'll find out I guess. Or I may just leave the car without a spoiler.........I like the way the back looks right now.

And the headlights, I don't know if I want to go with blue on a black car, maybe a bright white or something. I actually found some on overstock.com that seem pretty cool. Xenon HID lights combo (high and low beam) pack for $19.99 + $2.50 shipping.