New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the site, I got the look down, I want performance...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Default New to the site, I got the look down, I want performance...

Hello, I own a 2000 Accord Coupe V6...

Here's pretty much the rundown on it: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2575609

I have the look that I am going for other than some taillights and maybe lowering it a bit, and possibly a simple body kit (If one exists), and a mesh grille, ok now I'm just rambling...

But now I'm thinking about performace mods. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on where to start? I was thinking of maybe a Magnaflow exhaust system because my tips are looking pretty rusty. Or a cold air intake? Or some high performace brakes with those pretty cross-drilled rotors? (I have crappy brakes now)

Thoughts, Comments?

Old 04-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Default RE: New to the site, I got the look down, I want performance...

well the standard starting point is Intake, headers, exhaust. After that it depends on what you want the car to be N/A or Forced Induction. You could aslo Swap the engine. Dont forget about the transmition, a lightweight flywheel helps with response and acceleration, cam gears further help that process. Getting a piggy back ECU or an entirely new one can also free up alot of HP. You could always send your engine away to getthe Port Polished, titanium lift spring, the works.If you need websites dont be afraid to ask.

The rims look great and the deck looks sweet, gonna be doing that to my baby in a few weeks. Also welcome to HAF

Old 04-12-2007, 11:29 PM

thanks for the info... I'm concerned about just the overall performance of my car now and all the engine and everything are stock. It just doesn't seem like it is running as good as it could be. Shouldn't I make sure that everything is in good running order before I start spending all this money on performance mods? I recently took my car to the dealership for some odd problems I had trying to start it but they couldn't pinpoint the problem. Plus, shoudn't I have some good brakes before any performance mods? (not that I'll be flying around racing and stuff but it just seems like that would be agood idea)

Old 04-13-2007, 01:00 AM
Administrator

Hello CoryTheStory...
Welcome to the HAF, have fun and please read all forum rules posted, Thanks Again:

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-13-2007, 01:14 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Welcome to HAF! Nice looking accord btw, and those rims are sweet!

I would def. get all the maintence done before mods. If you get mods, then need a major repair and dont have the moeny, they'll youll run into trouble. This summer, im gettin my car in top shape before doing more to it