New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newb with a 94 Accord EX - need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 05:57 PM
OLDFLM
Unregistered
Default Newb with a 94 Accord EX - need help

Hi guys! I just picked up a 94 Accord EX coupe from my neighbor for a daily driver... need your help with a few things:

Here's the list he gave me when I got the car of things that don't work or need fixed:

1) The driver's window doesn't work? He said the cable broke a number of years ago and he locked in the up position with pieces of aluminum.

2) The locks don't work on the car? Fuse #38???

3) The speedometer doesn't work very often?

4) The float in the gas tank is bad? It will show on Empty and still have about five gallons in the tank. The light works though... so that is when I get concern about getting gas...

5) the dashboard lights don't work when you turn the headlights on?

6) Air Conditioning works, but it will stall the car when idling? Just adjust the idle up a little more?

7) Numerous shakes and rattles? Especially when applying the brakes but it's not rotor noise it a vibration under the hood?

Already found the code for the radio and have that working again!

Let me know if there are fixes for the stuff above. I've been a backyard mechanic and worked on muscle cars for years... but this is my first Honda. It does have the VTEC though! (c:]

I look forward to your reponses... the price was right for the car and even with 200K-ish miles on it I hope to get that many more from it...

V/R,
Ty