New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newbie with first Accord

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Default Newbie with first Accord

Greetings all! Since Im a Honda virgin, I thought it would be a good idea to hang out with like minded individuals.

I just bought my very first ever Honda Accord Wednesday night. Its a 2007 VP (value package) sedan. 4 cyl/5spd.

I absoultely love it!!

Ive been driving trucks most of my life and traded in an 02 Dodge Ram Quad Cab to get the Honda. Hated to see that thing go but the more I drive my new Honda, the less I regret it.

Im huge into car audio and compete in sound quality competitions all the time (not the boom cars).Ithink this will be an excellent carfor sound quality because its built like a tank, is comfortable and has good ergonomics. And it being a very good looking car, it should look good as well assound good. Hopefully I can get my system installed in it and up and running within a month.

Hopefully I can contribute to the forum in the car audio area.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:30 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Newbie with first Accord

Welcome! Whatcha have planned audio wise?

Old 02-10-2007, 03:08 AM

welcome to the forum!!!! do you have any new pictures of you rnew baby!!!

Old 02-10-2007, 03:48 AM
Administrator

Hello also and welcome to the HAF...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=bling.gif]

Old 02-10-2007, 02:07 PM

Thanks guys!

No pictures yet. Ill click some off soon.

As for audio plans, Im just working on how to stick be beloved Apine head unit in the dash. Metra has a kit that has the HVAC controls so I could put a CD player in the stock location but Ive read the build quality on those is shoddy and the HVAC controls dont work right all the time.

The other option is another Metra kit that replaces the storage pocket directly under the radio. I could mount one in there and when I leave the car, close the pocket and the interior looks totally stock to any thugs peering inside.

After that, Ill be applying a lot of Dynamat to the doors and isntalling Polk Audio 6.5" mids in there. I used to use kick panel speakers but where my Ram had a 50 gallon footwell, my new Honda doesnt and Im a pretty big dude and need the room. Ill put the tweeters in the stock dash locations instead of the usual A pillars because Ive got airbags in the A pillars now.

Then for the trunk Ill be using a 12" Polk Audio sub, possibly Polk Audio amps, and my Alpine H700 processor. My goal is to integrate the install into the trunk so that you can see everything but still have tons of storage space AND can still get the spare tire out without having to move anything.