New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Not A Honda Owner...Yet

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 09:03 PM
Default Not A Honda Owner...Yet

Hello Forum!
My name is Sean, and growing up $ucks! Im finishing up school soon and I need to start thinking about buying a new car as my current stable is not adequate for daily use. I have a 91 and 92 Miata, and a 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited V8 (gulp gulp) for when the weather gets New England-y. I had my mind set on a Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 (the only engine available) or the new EcoBoost Mustang, both with manual trans. I have come to the realization that owning 2 roadsters and a coupe is pretty dumb and not very practical. I love the Mazda 6, was impressed by the Sonata Turbo ( pre 2015 horsepower cut) and Camry Accord blah blah....

I like the Camry and Accord. I just like them. I have narrowed it down to the two. I like the Accord Sport, and it fits the bill perfectly. Should I just go out and get it? No manual Camry gives the Accord the edge. Will I hate myself for buying a mid sized four banger sedan? Does the Accord have spunk? Or will the love affair end in a week? I dont expect the Accord Sport to be a Mustang or Miata, but I'd like something that doesnt feel like an appliance.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for joining HAF.

Hard for me to comment on which one will "fit you" better. From what I have heard the Accord has nice power and the milage of the four cyl off set the times you need/want the Jeep

Either way I think you'll be happy with the Accord or Camry.

What is your major in?

Old 01-17-2015, 07:50 AM

Wrapping up my degree in information technology sys admin track. Looking for something thats comfortable and good on MPG's but not some bland appliance feeling thing that is just A to B transportation. I may be getting a job that is a good 40+ minute ride away from home so I am really taking that into consideration with comfort and all that stuff.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Well I've always been a fan of a stick shft....it almost makes any car "fun to drive". I still get out the old 89 LXi 5 speed and find it "fun".

So again, if the Accord has the manual and the Camry does not....then I'd lean more towards the Accord....but of course this is an Accord forum

Old 01-17-2015, 11:07 AM

Given your love of the Miata, I would:
- Ditch the Grand Cherokee
- Get either the Accord Sport or the Mazda 6 with a stick
- Get a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks on separate rims for the winter.

Which one to choose? That's a tough one. If test driving them didn't sort them out for you, here's a couple things in the Honda's favor:

- Better aftermarket support.
(Were you seriously not going to mod your daily driver? )

- The Accord has more interior room.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:21 AM
Administrator
Talking

Hello members..

I have found that when Ive bought a new car over the years - that renting the ones I settle on for a couple of days each always helped me make my choice most easily.

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-26-2015, 07:08 PM

The down side of the Mazda is they have a lot of rust problems. Very small market share makes parts more expensive too.

I own an Accord with the six speed manual. Worth the extra trouble to find one. Saves about $800 if I remember right too. The 2.4 is very quick too. I'm guessing it's quicker than the Miata. Snow tires are awesome. My Fiesta made it to work when we got 15.5 inches of snow.