New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

power slot brake kits

Old 05-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Default power slot brake kits

Im thinking of installing power slot brake kits, the claim is since the kit uses oem brak calipers
it makes it the most affordable big rotor system on the market.

priced at 493 for front and 468 for rear set,, anyone have any experience with these or better
performance and proce suggestions, would love to have the brembos butm over 2 grand seems too
rich for a brake system
any feedback would be great
cheers

Old 05-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Administrator
Default RE: power slot brake kits

ummm...first off, a truw big brake kit cannt use the factory caliper, and second if the kit front and rear runs you 900 bucks, it had better come with caliper extentions, if not all new calipers.

Old 05-14-2005, 09:36 PM

Patrick,

below is the quote from the manufacturer.. quite clearly says stock calipers are used and no need
to unseal system.. maybe im missing somthing here

Realizing the need for a more affordable big brake kit was the driving force behind Power Slots Big Rotor Brake Kit. Simply making use of the Original Equipment brake caliper making it the most affordable big rotor system on the market! Power Slot's rotors have an average 20% larger surface area and can reduce a vehicle's stopping distance by up to 33%. These oversized rotors also increase brake torque for reduced pedal effort. The exclusive Vac-U-Slots machined into the rotors "wipe" brake pads clean, evacuate gases, and shed heat keeping braking performance intact under high demand. CNC-machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum rotor hats diminish the rotor's tendency to cup under extreme prolonged use and reduce the overall weight of the rotor when compared to full cast versions. The final touch is a military-spec cadmium plating that gives Power Slot rotors their dark silver finish and protects the rotor from the elements. This eliminates rusty rotor syndrome and enhances the look of custom wheels.

This kit comes complete with everything needed for installation. Since the stock calipers are used, the fluid system can remain sealed making installation a breeze!

Please note: Larger wheels may be required to accomodate larger diameter brake systems. Please feel free to contact your SCO sales staff with any questions.

Old 05-15-2005, 07:05 PM

That is true, but if you are using the stock calipers to do this....it will not be quite the same because you wont have upgraded calipers with the extra pistons, so to me it seems that it will be more for looks than being able to increase stopping power significantly.

Old 05-15-2005, 10:24 PM

burn 69 thanks for the feedback i will do some more research, seems to me that they mention a 33% imporvemnt in braking performance utilizing stock calipers.
what you say makes sense to me, trust me, im looking for perfomance not looks, im heavy on brakes due to my aggresive driving style.
like is said i will research it some more now, thanks to you and patrick for the feedback.

Old 05-15-2005, 11:34 PM

no idea how the prices would be, but i had put on black diamond discs on the front, with greenstuff fast road pads. and the performance is excellent, i would highly recommend upgarding, but all the parts i used were the same size as the stock parts - so i imagine the figures about increasing brake performance are correct - a lot of people have commented on the improved braking power - and i only upgraded the discs and pads!

Old 05-16-2005, 01:15 PM

First of all the Power Slot kit is the same big brake kit that they used to make for AEM.
Second yes it uses stock calipers.
Third it's a good alternative...multiple piston calipers are very expensive. Most true BBK are around $1200+.
Yes it is a true big brake kit. Why, the diameter of the rotor (distance at which the piston applys pressure) decreases braking distances. For a little more than $900 you can get a BBK with calipers from Wildwood.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:06 PM

I knew it wa a good idea to chekc this site out, great feedbak from all of you. this makes upgrading your ride a helluva lot easier when you can get various opinions.

like i said i would love to have have the brembos but over 2k ouch... anyway i will check out the
alternative that 6th gen mentioned. price is right there but with the calipers.

tks again all.