New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Pretty much a know it all

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Pretty much a know it all

Dude, I'm talking about 25,000 un-named, un-sorted scans of the original construction documentation of the Javits Convention Center. They are all large format and take about 15 seconds each just to preview them. We have all our personnel and computers working to sort them into plans and non-plans as well as tagging the files so we can find the box that the original is in. ...... and we can't outsource the work for security reasons! To make it worse, most of the drawings are almost all black so you have to open the files individually to see what if anything is on it and the files are on the server, so it takes even longer to load. The poor server is getting bogged to he!! by 50 computers trying to access these files all day!

I'm not a big drinker, but I need a few shots after this one!!!! hmmm, maybe a beer or 2 for the bus tonight!

Old 01-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i freakin LOVE lost.. i have all the seasons

Old 01-29-2008, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

Dude, I'm talking about 25,000 un-named, un-sorted scans of the original construction documentation of the Javits Convention Center. They are all large format and take about 15 seconds each just to preview them. We have all our personnel and computers working to sort them into plans and non-plans as well as tagging the files so we can find the box that the original is in. ...... and we can't outsource the work for security reasons! To make it worse, most of the drawings are almost all black so you have to open the files individually to see what if anything is on it and the files are on the server, so it takes even longer to load. The poor server is getting bogged to he!! by 50 computers trying to access these files all day!

I'm not a big drinker, but I need a few shots after this one!!!! hmmm, maybe a beer or 2 for the bus tonight!
If only someone had spread sheet indexed them..... Mind-Numbing is about the best description for that kind of stuff....