New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Shifter assembly/anti theft system

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 12:34 PM
Default Shifter assembly/anti theft system

98 Honda Accord coupe shifter came apart and now my key can't come out of ignition as well as lower brake lights not working,I know it must be electrical because I removed my battery terminal and then the key will release.
My shifter button was stuck and I couldn't get it into park so I removed handle,I was then able to push on the little metal piece the button controls and maneuver the gear shift however it my finger slipped off of it and then medical came up as well as a white either plastic or nylon piece from down inside of the bar which will not go back into place I think this is where my problem is coming from ever since in my key won't leave the ignition at any rate if anybody knows anything about how to reassemble that piece I would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Sarafina; 05-04-2019 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-04-2019, 12:39 PM
Default 98 Honda Accord coupe. Key stuck in ignition

[QUOTE=Sarafina;385074]98 Honda Accord coupe shifter came apart and now my key can't come out of ignition as well as lower brake lights not working,I know it must be electrical because I removed my battery terminal and then the key will release.
My shifter button was stuck and I couldn't get it into park so I removed handle,I was then able to push on the little metal piece the button controls and maneuver the gear shift however it my finger slipped off of it and the metal piece came up as well as a white plastic or nylon piece from down inside of the bar which will not go back into place I think this is where my problem is coming from ever since this incident my key won't leave the ignition, at any rate if anybody knows anything about how to reassemble that piece I would be greatly appreciated
Thanks