New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Teething problems on the new 2013 Accord Coupe V6

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Post Teething problems on the new 2013 Accord Coupe V6

Hi! I'm new here and thought I would share my "new car" story.

Well, I picked up the new 2013 Accord Coupe V6 last week. What a beauty! I think Honda did it right on this one. Yes, it still has that "Honda" look outside, but the interior is now on par (or better) than the competition. I have enjoyed driving it around and find it very responsive, fast and comfortable. But that doesn't mean I haven't had issues.

First issue: I noticed on day one that the right rear passenger window had some sort of blemish or sticker residue on the glass. I worked at it on the inside and outside, but to no avail. The weather stripping also was damaged on the top of the window. This was fresh off the truck to the dealer, so I sent a picture to my sales guy and he said they'd take care of it when I came in for some accessories (today). Long story short, I am now driving a loaner Crosstour because they are REPLACING the rear passenger window and weather stripping. Apparently, it is a blemish within the glass and the rubber gasket cannot be repaired. Ugh. The parts they ordered (interior lighting kit) came with some broken pieces (or so they say), so they need to reorder to install. I'm just disappointed that I have to have a window replaced already on a new Accord...

Second: The car overall is a real treat...like I said. The sound system on the other hand, not so much. Before you think I'm griping too much about my new car, the sound isn't "bad", but for a 360 watt system, 7 speakers including the subwoofer, I'm expecting really amazing sound. I have the bass and sub cranked all the way up, but it's very muddy and sometimes almost non-existent. Just to clarify, I listen to a variety of music and don't "blow my windows out", I just like clean, deep bass on most of my music. I mean, my 03 Civic with four stock speakers and a mid-line Alpine head unit sounded better than this. What is going on?? Are my options to just upgrade the speakers at some point? Thoughts?

Ok - the morale of this story is: CHECK, CHECK and RE-CHECK your new car before you leave the lot! Don't let the salesperson rush you. Your car should be close to showroom perfect when you leave. Thankfully, your warranty should cover any problems, but still...

Thanks everyone for listening to this first time poster!

Attached Thumbnails Teething problems on the new 2013 Accord Coupe V6-dsc_0002.jpg  

Last edited by technobie; 11-28-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for joining HAF.

Yea, sorry you had an issue with it but it sounds like they are going to take care of it.

The 2013 are still new, so info is just starting to come/get out so I'm not sure if there is anything out yet on the audio system.....I bet a Mod in the Audio section (KHA) will be one of the first to learn/see this system.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Administrator

And thank you for telling us about your new car..It is very sharp looking.

WheelBrokerAng