New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Why, hello there

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Default Why, hello there

Hello, everyone.

I've got a 94 Accord EX with a questionable number of miles on it--odometer reads 52k, but apparently it was reset after 107k for some unspecified reason. After a number of parts decided to expensively give up the ghost over the last three or four months, I decided to start trying to do as much as I could myself. I don't know a thing about cars, but I do seem to be learning quite a bit. Of course, I'd definitely like to learn more! Once I get it back up and running, I'd like to do as much as I can to make it last.

Most recently, I've just replaced my alternator. Nothing seems to have exploded yet... just need to tweak belt tension a little and go for nice battery-feeding 3000rpm drive.

Just thought I'd say hi!

(..and give some plausible excuse for not knowing much at all, should I say something moronic.)

Last edited by Myuuchan; 05-22-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. The odometers themselves in 94-97 accords are known for breaking, so it likely broke and was replaced with one with lower miles.

You picked a good car to start working on, they are pretty straight forward and don't require many special tools. The only real pain is the brakes(hub over rotor).

Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Administrator
Talking * Hello New Member **

Thank You for joining the HAF..Great place to hang out and meet people and learn things about your car..

At the top of this and every page , you'll see FAQ..it's your friend-so use it alot..

WheelBrokerAng
click image..

Attached Thumbnails Why, hello there-thewave.gif