Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

7th gen turbo or vtec controller first?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 10:51 PM
vtecpower7788
Unregistered
Default 7th gen turbo or vtec controller first?

i have had my accord 4 door for about 4 months and i am not working on it until winter. gives me time to save up for some parts. i know i am going to turbo it, lower it 3 inches, get a vetec controller and some other small things in the spring. i am going to try and run 12-15 pounds during race times and put a boost controller on for around town rides. but i am just wondering what people would do vtec controller or turbo first?

Old 10-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Default RE: 7th gen turbo or vtec controller first?

I think vtec controoler would not really be useful without the turbo. U want both at the same time. Also do they have a i-vtec controller in the market already?

pls put yourcarsmodel,year and trim in your signutaure

Old 10-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: vtecpower7788

i have had my accord 4 door for about 4 months and i am not working on it until winter. gives me time to save up for some parts. i know i am going to turbo it, lower it 3 inches, get a vetec controller and some other small things in the spring. i am going to try and run 12-15 pounds during race times and put a boost controller on for around town rides. but i am just wondering what people would do vtec controller or turbo first?
A vtec controller while your turbo'd is useless. .

Old 10-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Almost A Senior Member

you dont want to mess with when the vtec engages....get the turbo and get Greddy e-manage ultimate. tune A/F ratio and valve timing, that sort of thing....get it professionally tuned.....dont gochanging vtec engagementby trial and error....the errors will be costly....oh and your gonna need some better internals to hold up to that 12-15%. you got an auto or manual? gonna rip theauto tranny to shreds too.....lots of things to consider when you start goin F/I. This stuff isnt cheap, think of the whole process and how much it costs before you get too deep and have a half arsed set-up...

Old 10-30-2007, 03:45 PM
vtecpower7788
Unregistered

i have a 5 speed, i am also installing 650 cc injectors in the engine when i do the turbo.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:48 PM
vtecpower7788
Unregistered

i have also been looking at the parts since i have bought my car and i have proced out how much it will cost. i am going to buy all of the parts and do all of the install with my frinds. we do turbos a lot and honda seems like it is easy to do it on. a lot of my friends drive VW and those are a bitch to convert to front mount. but i dont think all of the parts will cost over a couple of thousand, because the install is free. but i will get it professionally tuned after all of the work is done.