Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Should i buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Default RE: Should i buy?

That is a decent wastegate... like marbro said, that's what I have been using the whole time. Not one problem. hit max boost and it just stays there, no surge or flux.

If it comes with a 15 psi spring (mine did!) you WILL need to change that. Your car will run like crap when you floor it since you will most likely max your fuel system out and the motor will get funky...

It will be a tight fit. I had to trim the shrouding on the radiator fans, and remove the washer fluid tank (I replaced it with a tiny container, plus trim the sheet metal where the washer neck came through, etc. But it will fit. And with room to spare.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:09 AM

ORIGINAL: mbo1985

That is a decent wastegate... like marbro said, that's what I have been using the whole time. Not one problem. hit max boost and it just stays there, no surge or flux.

If it comes with a 15 psi spring (mine did!) you WILL need to change that. Your car will run like crap when you floor it since you will most likely max your fuel system out and the motor will get funky...

It will be a tight fit. I had to trim the shrouding on the radiator fans, and remove the washer fluid tank (I replaced it with a tiny container, plus trim the sheet metal where the washer neck came through, etc. But it will fit. And with room to spare.
Can i just pick up another of Ebay or where ever, like a 8 psi.

Where did you get youre downpipe? I cant seem to find one.

Ok so i NEED to buy the kit, manifold, downpipe, screws, anything else. Whats this FMU ive been reading about?

Old 08-04-2006, 01:29 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-T...QQcmdZViewItem

OBX is good right? Will this work good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem

why does this one look so funny?

Old 08-04-2006, 02:26 AM
Administrator

OBX products have been in some of my cars for 5 years already, they make many good engine parts + other good units for other parts of your ride..plus they are made well and look like good quality...

WheelbrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 08-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

its the difference of design, but the second is refered to as a log style manifold, The one i have is similar to that but mine is one specifically from the drag turbo kit, and depending on which one you get will depend on the downpipe that you get. the obx one by design is more effecient because it channels the exhaust gases to the turbine of the turbo vs the log style which just lets the gases turbulently flow to the turbine which means its not flowing as fast as it could, but the log style takes up less space in the end, thats basically the trade off might be the difference of 100rpm spool time? not sure on that tho

Old 08-04-2006, 02:02 PM

Ok so i'll buy the OBX soon, where can i find a downpipe?

I just bought a oil feed kit, 8 psi WG spring, and a synapse MAP thingy. Im so excited. So all i have left is the kit, manifold, downpipe. Anything else i need. I dont know much about turbos but i learn fast.

Old 08-04-2006, 08:21 PM

You can either purchase a down pipe from a drag turbo kit, or keep your eye open for one on ebay or you could buy some pipe and fabricate one yourself. And the last option would be to leave it to an exhaust shop.

I found a used down pipe on ebay (I checked every day till I found one) and modified it for my application. This is the hardest piece to find, but it isn't hard to make one.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:24 AM

Will another downpipe work? like from a H22 or something? I know i good exhaust place close to me, but would rather not spent the money.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:03 AM

The H one would probably work, but you'll probably have to rotate the flanges and re-weld them. Hopefully you won't (I had to), but you will if the flange doesn't line up with turbo 100%

Old 08-05-2006, 01:17 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T70-T...QQcmdZViewItem

How about this the cut off the top and weld backwards?

Quick Reply: Should i buy?