Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

A stupid question (But needs an answer)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Default RE: A stupid question (But needs an answer)

i think a super/nitrous 50 shot would be fine...or a turbo/nitrous. i think those two together are fine either way. and i would greatly enjoy those 5 miles! lol

Old 10-01-2007, 08:24 PM

Are you saying you would enjoy the five miles on the triple combo or were you being sarcastic about the super/nitrous combo and saying the five miles on that...?

Old 10-01-2007, 10:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Shikaro

Would a Super/nitrous be too much for an auto tranny?
to be honest, that would be a little too much for the tranny. I think you should choose one instead of getting both. There's no reason you need that much hp under your hood.
But if I was in your position, I wouldn't go FI unless I had a manual because then I wouldn't run the risk of blowing the tranny. And if your tranny does blow, Honda would not even consider goodwill (paying for tranny, you pay for labor) at all. I know a guy who has a blower on his accord and his tranny is running on it's last moments of life and Honda stood their ground.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:54 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

You can put a turbo on an auto. The way I would go. It is free hp that your car wastes. With a supercharger, your car is powering the supercharger to get more power. Doesnt make sense to me. Anyways, if you get a tc or sc, get a Performance Tranny cooler, they will run about 60-70 dollars and will help your tranny like non other. But that is if you dont drive it like a woman with a stone foot.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:21 PM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97
But that is if you dont drive it like a woman with a stone foot.
I think that what we all need to work on haha

Old 10-01-2007, 11:48 PM

What do you mean you wouldnt go FI? I'm not sure what that means.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:02 AM

I wouldnt go forced induction on an automatic tranny that I know has a failure rate of 51%. By adding more power, the percentage increases to about 70-80% of tranny failure. The tranny is still not fixed to my knowledge since I have heard people saying that they have gotten their trannies replaced.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: stevent
I wouldnt go forced induction on an automatic tranny that I know has a failure rate of 51%. By adding more power, the percentage increases to about 70-80% of tranny failure. The tranny is still not fixed to my knowledge since I have heard people saying that they have gotten their trannies replaced.
all the more reason to get a new tranny...still taking donations people. I havent recieved one yet, this is for a good cause people. not as good as starving children in africa, but just as noble.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:20 PM

How about save up for a 4 75 shot nitrous kits for each cylinder (if i4), 4 turbos for each wheel, and 4 superchargers for each wheel. Perhaps even save for a front engine and a rear engine, and add 2 more wheels and make it a 6WD. Don't forget a huge spoiler.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: stevent

The 96 Accord EX manual tranny doesn't have, nor has it ever had a 51% failure rate that I'm aware of....are you thinking of the 98-02 trannies stevent?

Shikaro, I'd say go with a turbo at 6 psi of boost and a tranny cooler and you'll be fine as long as you don't floor it every time you move. True it will mildly shorten the life of your tranny but not any catastrophic amount.

Quick Reply: A stupid question (But needs an answer)