Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

False thread-starter information

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by g22cd5

Tony I will take care of the delete for you. But you HAD to have done this somehow. Iv done the something before when doing the engine code sticky. I accidently created a new thread when I thought I was just adding another post to my sticky. It can happen and I truly think that's what went down.
Sounds good.............. at first, but how in the world do you account for the TITLE of the thread? Do you think I wrote that title back in 2009 and, if so, why in the world would I give the thread, that I supposedly mistakenly started, that particular title? It makes absolutely no sense.

Thanks againg for taking the time to look into this.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Supper Moderator

well the delete has been done. I'm not sure what really happen I can only give my thoughts based on facts. Such as time/date stamp. If something like this happens again let me know so I can look into it.

I also cracked open your profile and was looking at your IP addresses that have been used to long in under your name. There are quite a few...but you also have been a member since 05. So I'm not sure if I can pin point the IP address that posted at the time and date. I'm trying but just fail right now....not even sure if it's possible or not but I'm trying. If your able to provide me with IP address you know 100% sure that you have logged in under then I can eliminate those and look into the others. But this will take some time.

BTW just because I can crack into your account info doesn’t mean us mods can make post or anything like that. I know that would have been my next guess that a mod hacked your account. But we just simply don't have the power.
…that was only said for peace of mind just in case you had that thought :P

Last edited by g22cd5; 01-21-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:27 PM

Thanks again for taking the time to look into it. I sure don't know how it happened, either. I still think a PM to gasguzzler might be a good idea. Maybe he knows something neither you or I do.

You can be sure that I'll let you know if other threads are falsely started in my name.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

There's another way to fool the date-time stamp. A moderator can COPY posts into a new thread, leaving the originals where they are. I've made a habit of posting into the new thread explaining that I've done this. For example when someone hijacks a thread, I can move his post to a new thread. Then I might copy other posts that somehow are useful to have in both threads.

Again, when I do that I've tried to make a post explaining what I've done.

edit:
Has it already been deleted? I can't find the newer thread.

Attached Thumbnails False thread-starter information-tony1m-timing-belt.jpg  

Last edited by JimBlake; 01-22-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Supper Moderator

I did the delete Jim it's gone...