Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Funny Accidents

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Default RE: Funny Accidents

What's your experience with esurance? I moved from 21st to esurance recently. Not so happy so far. They don't let anybody drive my car, like 21st did....I have to add people and pay extra....=(

How are they on claims?

Old 07-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: smaglik

the moose was ok? was it walking around afterwards?
well they had to trainqualize it, then cut the roof off the car and used a tow truck with a boom type deal to lift it out, they said it was fine though.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: ckebottle

What's your experience with esurance? I moved from 21st to esurance recently. Not so happy so far. They don't let anybody drive my car, like 21st did....I have to add people and pay extra....=(

How are they on claims?
my insurance companies have been am fam, liberty mutual, progressive, and geico over the years.

i have never heard about paying extra to let others drive the car.

my comp coverage covers my car. regardless of who drives it.

liability covers me. on any car i drive...do your freinds not have insurance?

Old 07-29-2007, 01:38 AM

When I had 21st anybody could drive my car, they didn't have to be on my insurance...but apparently with esurance I have to add anyone that drives the car more than once in a year...because state law allows someone to drive a car once and be covered under my insurance. I guess if anybody got in an accident in my car, I could just claim it was their first time driving it (even if it wasn't)...thankfully my gf and parents have good enough driving records that it didn't cost extra. But I don't like the fact that I can't just let a buddy (who is insured) drive my car without having to worry about them saying something.....=/

Old 07-29-2007, 08:09 AM

that's different. i'm going to ask my brother about that...he lives in CA as well. I've had policies in WI and IN, and that never came up...nor when I went for an estimate for AZ.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:54 PM

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. On a NORMAL auto insurance policy, even if your car was stolen you would have coverage for your damage(assuming you have full physical damage coverage on your policy.) For someone to be excluded from the liability portion on your policy the car has to be either stolen, or the person has to be specifically listed on your policy as being a not-covered driver.
I would never buy esurance if they try to pull crap like that!
I have never dealt with them in a claim either. Sorry I can't help you there.
I have travelers on both of my Hondas and my house. I only pay about $120/month totalfor both cars with full coverage. I think I have $200k limits on liability. I only have $250 comp & collision deductibles too.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:48 AM

Yeah, i'm quite upset with that too. I guess if a buddy did drive the car more than once in a year and got in an accident I could always lie....=/ After my 6 months is up with esurance i'm going to look elsewhere for sure.

BTW, 00AccordLX5spd, I just applied to progressive as a claims adjuster trainee lol. Figured what the heck, why not since there was a position in my area. Any tips just in case I get an interview?

Back to topic at hand. Back in 2001 I got in an accident. I was driving a bit too fast and swerved to miss a dog. When I swerved I lost control of the car and ran into a center divide. Totalled my moms Mercedes, 1990 (so it was old) and my cousin and I both walked out fine. Funny part is, my mom thanked my cousin and I for totalling her car so she could get a newer cedes. It was pretty funny because I was almost certain my parents were going to lecture my cousin and myself, or even worse take my car away, but nope....my mom was happy to get a newer mercedes and even let me drive it when she first got it lol.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:20 AM

they have signs in MI that say

Don't Veer for Deer!

You should have hit the dog! Its safer.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:39 AM

ORIGINAL: ckebottle

BTW, 00AccordLX5spd, I just applied to progressive as a claims adjuster trainee lol. Figured what the heck, why not since there was a position in my area. Any tips just in case I get an interview?
Oh crap. I was afraid this might happen if I ranted about Progressive!Please don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against the adjusters personally! I just have not had very knowledgeable adjusters in my experience and dealings with them.
My advice is to not take anything personal.When you go home for the day after work, don't dwell on things if they didn't go right that day. Try to forget about work till the next day if you are getting stressed. I just know as a claim adjuster in the beginning it can be a little rough. Then you get used to it - or I guess better wording here would be: you get better at your job. You'll understand what I mean after you settle your first "total loss" with someone or deal with a very emotional insured/claimant. It is very difficult to everyone happy when it comes to putting a price on their vehicle. Stick with it. Over timeyou will learn better how to deal with people in your negotiations.There is a book called Getting to Yes - Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In. I would buy this book if you don't have any previous experience in negotiating with people. Or buy it anyway - it can't hurt anything! It's pretty short and to the point. It's written by some guys that taught negotiation classes at Harvard.
Being a claims adjuster can open many career opportunities for you. Some of our independent adjusters make a good living. One of our independents has a law degree and is licensed to practice law, however he has always been an adjuster because he was able to make more money that way early on in his career and he enjoyed it.
Also, I am only referring to Progressive in Mississippi and on my own personal experiences with adjusters. I cannot speak for Progressive asa whole. If they wereas bad as I make them out to be, they wouldn't be one of the top auto insurers out there! Maybe the Progressive team you will work with will be a good one
My dad is still insured with Progressive and he hasn't had any complaints yet.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:44 PM

any word on ameriprise insurance? its an arm of AMEX. they quoted me a rate almost 30% below my geico rate for when i move to AZ.

Quick Reply: Funny Accidents