Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Funny Accidents

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Default RE: Funny Accidents

All work places need a Tammy Griggs lol

Old 08-15-2007, 10:59 AM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd
As far as the pay goes - I can't complain. I just got a $10,080/year raise last Tuesday[sm=happy046.gif]. I thought there must have been a mistake on payroll. Then the CEO came to my office and goes "that was a pretty good raise you got."
I was wrong. The raise was only $2,520. That's even less than I got last year! I am super ticked at that SOB CEO for acting like it was such a good raise. Apparently my last pay check had pay "pro-rated" in to pay for the 4 weeks I should have been receiving my new salary. That is why the check was for so much and so misleading.
But, I guess all in all, I have only been here 2 years and have already gotten $8,520 worth of raises. So I guess I'm not going ot go looking for a job elsewhere yet. Ahh I am so mad[sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Old 08-15-2007, 02:00 PM

Dang that sucks. I went two years without a raise because the company was gonna be bought by x company but then it was bought buy y company and y company only gives raises based on merrit so we'd have to wait a year for y company to judge our performance. It was pretty bad. When I say no raise, that also means no cola either, so think how bad that was. I did get a pretty fat bonus based 2006 in 2007 and got a raise for 2007...measley 5% raise after 2 years no raise or cola...

Now the company is being taken over again and I may take a pay cut, may not who knows...and no more tuition reimbursement as of yet. So your situation is pretty good...i hope my bad situation makes you feel better about your situation.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:55 PM

I am sorry for you bad situation. And I know, I have it better than some, but it just sucks. Plus my wife is pregnant and the doc told her she doesn't want her working right now for health reasons, but her A-hole employer is acting like she HAS to work at least 4 hours a day to keep her health insurance. Plus we don't really even know how much sick time she has to even be reimbursed for. The baby is not due for another 3 months and I thought my "good raise" was going to make everything OK, but now I don't know. I'm scared we won't have enough to make the mortgage payment.
It just sucks ***** that the CEO would make it a point to come into my office and act like a got some great raise or something when I got more than that amount after 6 months of work. Just makes me feel unappreciated. I know...I know, at least I gotsome sort ofraise anyways[sm=violin.gif].
I guess I justy need to get over it.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:20 PM

Dude....FMLA

check it out maybe your wife can get it

http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/fmla/

Old 08-16-2007, 09:44 AM

Yeah I know about FMLA. The only problem is, your employer does not have to pay you for the time you are gone. They just cannot fire you. Plus it is FMLA is only 12 weeks. We got that long till the baby's due date. I can't pay the bills and mortgage on my own.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:32 AM

How dat baby is be?
My sister just splashed out her first-22 inch 8lb12oz.

Back in HS my buddy J-Bird was driving his musty 5.0 about 125 on I-40 and hit this tiny puddle of water.
We skidded, hit the leading edge of an overpass concrete side barrier, and flew off the bridge into a valley.
Witnesses told us the car was pointed straight up and spinning like a top!
Me and Eric ended up in the trunk via the rear dash, jason got thrown out and injured.
The ditch was about 30 feet deep and muddy, so the car was half buried from the ***-up.
Eric got burned in the eye by the spliff. I had a sore neck from splitting the rear dash with my head(i think thats what i hit).

DO NOT ACCEPT INSURANCE CHECKS ROADSIDE!!!! Consult an attorney first. If you get a ticket, have it dismissed asap, then negotiate with the insurers. They want you to grab the cash and sign a release. Do not do that or you can be sued, and the insurer will say they were released from further liability. Is this true with your company 00?

Old 09-10-2007, 10:27 AM

Nope. We are too cautious to mess with crap like that. Companies that pull that s*** will eventually get sued and they should be. That is frickin lowdown.
There are no such things as "roadside checks" with my company. We have to put all checks in a computer system and they won't even print until the next day!

Old 09-10-2007, 11:58 AM
SuzieQ
Unregistered
Default RE: Insurance

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

Nope. We are too cautious to mess with crap like that. Companies that pull that s*** will eventually get sued and they should be. That is frickin lowdown.
There are no such things as "roadside checks" with my company. We have to put all checks in a computer system and they won't even print until the next day!
Hi 00, you seem to be something of an expert, what insurance company would you recommend for a soon-to-be odyssey owner with a good driving record in ohio?

Also, I've been asking around about some atv issues since my husband wants to get one. Do you know if they have insurance for atvs?

Thanks!

SuzieQ

Old 09-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Default RE: Insurance

I have my own personal Auto and Home insurance with St. Paul Travelers. Great rates if you have both coverages with them. I am 90% sure they would sell insurance for ATV's as well. Find an Independent Insurance Agent (should be in the phone book) and see if they can provide you with a quote. Most independent agents would be able to find you a good company if Traveler's does not have ATV coverage. Independent agents will also look for the best prices. As you can obviously see, I am not a fan of Progressive, who normally will have the lowest price. So the lowest price isn't always the best in my humble opinion
I have met many knowledgeable Farm Bureau adjusters as well. I went to adjuster training school with Farm Bureau, but I have never worked for them. I would also look into Farm Bureau. Hope this gets you started!

Quick Reply: Funny Accidents