Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

having you ever bought a honda that turned out to be a lemon?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Default having you ever bought a honda that turned out to be a lemon?

share your story with us!

Old 10-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Default RE: having you ever bought a honda that turned out to be a lemon?

what does that mean?

Old 10-28-2007, 12:10 AM

What is a Lemon?
A vehicle that continues to have a defect that substantially impairs its use, value, or safety. Generally, if the car has been repaired 4 or more times for the same Defect within the Warranty Period and the Defect has not been fixed, the car qualifies as a Lemon. All States differ so you should consult the Lemon Law Summary and the State Statutes for your particular State. Note that the warranty period may or may not coincide with the Manufacturer's Warranty.

Do I have a Lemon?
If the paint is peeling, the light switch came out when you pulled on it, the car makes "funny noises" but otherwise drives just fine, or you found 10 things you don't like about your new car but none of them prevent you from driving it, then No, you do not have a Lemon.

If the brakes don't work, the car won't go into reverse gear, the darn thing won't start on cold mornings or hot afternoons, the rear door opens all by itself, the driver's seat wobbles, or the car chugs along at 30 mph when it should be going 50 mph, then Yes, you may have a Lemon. Providing you've given the manufacturer an opportunity to repair the defect.

In most States, 10 different defects during the Warranty Period does not brand the car as a Lemon. In some States, a single defect that might cause Serious Injury makes your car a Lemon if the manufacturer cannot fix the problem within 1 attempt.

You may have a Lemon, but if you do nothing to protect your Consumer Rights, such as documenting your Repairs and allowing the Manufacturer a chance to fix the problem(s), you lose all rights under the various State Warranty Acts.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:10 AM

Almost.. got my transmission reparied 3times. This one works great for now though. the other two were bad. all under warrenty so it was ok.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:18 AM

The one I own now is the only one so no citrus flavor here.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:11 AM

my bodykit turned out to be a lemon, but not the car. The car is great

Old 10-28-2007, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Trav20

my bodykit turned out to be a lemon, but not the car. The car is great
what was wrong with your body kit?

Old 10-28-2007, 04:11 PM

It's fiberglass(period). If i scrape ground at all, the front bumper will crack without a doubt. So i always park in the street when i go to my friends house

Old 10-28-2007, 07:29 PM

The only lemon Ive ever owned was a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlas Calais.

$4000 in repairs including 50 different sensors and eventually a brand new (rebuilt) engine when the original one slung a rod. Then after that, the heater core ruptured which blew the head gasket. I traded it in for $500 and swore I would NEVER buy a used car again, and I havent and have had good luck with every car since.

As for my Honda, after 15,500 miles, the only thing that is screwy is the front rotors were already warped by 9,000 miles and the AC comperessor sometimes engages with a very loud and hard CLUNK! So I look for that to be going out sometime soon.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

interesting you say that...

the o7 se I sold to my dad was starting to develop a rotor issue...I could feel it...very slight...itwas at about 17000 miles...90% highway.

And the a/c clunk? That one didnt have it, but my 07 v6 does. Its 'normal,' per the dealer. At least my complaint is documented.

Quick Reply: having you ever bought a honda that turned out to be a lemon?