Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

I knew a guy frorm lebanon who would run deisel fuel for 20 minutes in the oil chambe

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 01:12 AM
Default I knew a guy frorm lebanon who would run deisel fuel for 20 minutes in the oil chambe

I knew a guy frorm lebanon who would run deisel fuel for 20 minutes in the oil chamber as a flush. he would drain the oil, run it with the deisel oil, then drain that, change fileter and fill with regular oil. he claimed it prevented any buildup and with the sand storms it was great to clean the inside of the engine this way. . . an old habit that never died for him.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Diesel in the crank case? Really bad idea.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Off topic post moved.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Administrator
Talking

Originally Posted by shipo
Diesel in the crank case? Really bad idea.
I agree with this Shipo

Old 04-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Administrator
Talking ** Thank You **

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Off topic post moved.
Saved me from moving it..Thanks Red-Bull

Old 05-16-2015, 06:35 PM

Not as bad an idea as one might initially think. I can remember a few of us mechanics getting together, discussing and then actually doing the same thing. It wasn't in a Honda and I'm not recommending anyone do this. We were all working on 6.2L GM diesels in trucks on an Air Force Base that were all sludged up from excessive idling. Trucks that get run on the flight line have certain flight line specific safety rules that have to be followed. So, they spend a great deal of time sitting and idling. The oil would sludge up so badly that there would be over an inch of sludge sitting in the top of the heads. One of my co-workers removed the drain plug and NOTHING came out. At least nothing did until he stuck a screw driver into the drain hole. Once he punched through the sludge he did get oil out of it. That's what started off the discussion, and then filling the crank case with about a gallon and a half of diesel fuel. Even after running that engine for an hour with nothing but diesel in the crank case, it didn't de-sludge. Sure, a large amount of sludge drained out...kinda looked like lumpy black paint when it did. Still, there was as much still in the engine as what came out of it. This was repeated three times and all three times, it looked the same. Nothing was getting all that sludge out. We finally ran some 15/40 in it, to get the remaining diesel out before changing the filter a third time and filling with the correct amount of 15/40. It was still on the road there when I left for the US a year and a half later.....sean