Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Middle east situation (Israel vs Hezbollah) the start of WWIII?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 08:35 AM
Default RE: Middle east situation (Israel vs Hezbollah) the start of WWIII?

ORIGINAL: YeuEmMaiMai

actually the Bible (specifically Daniel, Issiah, and Revelations) tell us a lot about what will happen in the near future. Jesus states himself that Once Israel returns that the time is near....and that generation shall not pass before the end times come.

I'd rather place my faith in God rather than place my faith in man....
I agree where to place one's faith. However, mere mortal man has been trying to predict "the end" for centuries and guess what? Wrong every time!! Only one knows when and it will be when He decides, not man. Any mortal that claims to know is a fool.

Old 07-26-2006, 08:39 AM

19Accord97,

Well said. As a teen you seem to have a better handle on things than most "adults" I know.
Now back to the topic at hand.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:41 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Thank you! I do agree on the whole religious aspect of everything though too. I didnt think it was going to turn into such a big ordeal as it is now, but when Israel invaded....I think that kind of sealed the deal for the long haul.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:57 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Until you realize any form of prophecy can be applied to any point in time, this ignoring the fact that religion is something created by man and man has influenced every aspect of the bible and the world as we know it and this is also ignoring the fact that the human race is so ego oriented that people believe that we are blessed by god and we were saved by gods son when we are already defined as gods sons and daughters. Sorry to say this, but if god were going to blink the human race out of existance, the son would not be the defining point to changing that. And dont preach the gospels when most of those were "logged" 200 years after the death of jesus. After all, the world was suppose to end 1000 times already. It just all depends on how you define the world.

Dont get me wrong, im not an athiest, I do believe in god, i just dont believe in religion, cause im pretty sure were suppose to worship god, not create religions that use god as an excuse for every day life and snuffing out millions of lives over the generations, but once again, off topic ^_-

Old 07-27-2006, 06:43 AM

until you realise that you are saying actually has no basis in fact you should actually go READ the Bible and what it says versus relying on what someone else says.

a few examples for you:

Issiah 17:1 "The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap ..." This has NOT happened yet. Currently Damascus is considered to be the OLDEST continiously inhabitabed city on the earth. People try say well Damascus has been destroyed 4 times alreay and the answer to that is that it has NEVER been taken away from being a city.....(IE totally destroyed never to be rebuilt again)

Daniel 12:4 "But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." How exactly can this be applied to any point in history? If you compare all of recorded history to the last 100 years you would see the rate of advancement since 1900 is by far greater than previous recorded history. There is no denying this fact.

Isaiah 11:11 "And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea."

Zechariah 12:2-3 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it."

Israel was reformed as a nation on May 14, 1948 and ever since then there has been nothing but trouble as her arab neighbors try to "push Isreal into the sea"

Old 07-27-2006, 09:58 AM

once again, perception, you say im relying on what someone else is saying, when im really not, just cause you can take things from the bible and say well look this is true, guess what, its still all about perception,

being a ruinous heap does not mean completely destroyed and never rebuild again thats just your interpretation of a translation of a translation of a translation

technology will increase guess what, a couple thousand years ago i could say the same thing, cause when you find something thats inefficent you look for ways to improve it the rate at which it increases doesnt mean anything

what you are doing is going on faith that it is referencing the scale that the bible claims when its more references of instances of area's not the whole world, it it assumed people of the whole world, not people of a certain geographical area, the destruction of the world isnt defined to scale its always just referencing certain area's

Old 07-27-2006, 01:40 PM

taken away from a city does.........

Obviously you didn't do what I asked you to do take a look at all of mankind history up to 1900 and then compare the rate of advancement to 1900 - present

Yes I have faith and thankfully it is not in man or his abilities......

Old 07-27-2006, 07:51 PM

The rate at which achievements advance have nothing to do with this, a 100000+ years ago we were waging wars with sticks and stones, at least then there wasnt the bs of the world ending because someone tied a rock to a stick. There could have been a chance we would have set the atmosphere on fire when they detonated the first nuke, and the world didnt end when that happened either.

Yes you have faith in man, because you have faith in the bible, and the bible has been influenced by man for the longest time.

After all the church once said the world was flat, and everything revolved around the earth, yet some how they were wrong about that. oh, wait, they eventually realized that they were wrong and didnt admit to it because they feared people would panic at the idea that the earth was a sphere floating through empty space, and this is ignoring that the church was suppose to always be right and the bible couldnt possibly be wrong

Countless people have been murdered for the sake of the interpretation of the bible and because everyone has their own view of how the world should be, i could easily say that in the future i will become god, just because there is a textual documentation of that being said doesnt make it true, lets say i believe in reincarnation. Then that means i could evenually become god, or have become god in one of my future lives, that still doesnt make it true, and 1000 years down the road, that still doesnt make it a lie, but it definetely doesnt make it the truth.

1000 years down the road, the world will not exist in the same form that it does now, just because it wont exist as it does now, people view that as the world ending, even though realistically it never ended, it is just completely different. You die, your world has ended, that doesnt the world has ended, its just the place you had in it. Millions of lives get snuffed out during the holocaust, lord knows their perception of the world has ended, and the world as they knew it is no longer.

So by all means, preach the ending of the world, and if you so choose move on into the afterlife when you think it has ended, and while you do that i will continue to live on this planet until i die of old age. ^_-

Old 07-27-2006, 08:39 PM

uhm Church in the reference that you mention it is not the same as Church that Jesus referrs tothe Bible which is Scripture which is the Word of God. The Bible referrs to the "Church" as those whom have accepted Christ as their Savior not because they attend a church (Catholic, Baptist, etc)

Yes it does. I pointed to specific Scriptures and their fullfillment in recent history. They do not mince words and they are clear in their meanings. I really cannot understand why people have such a hard time understanding things like "Knowledge will be greatly increased" or "Shall be taken away as a city"

IF you do not believe, that's OK as a true Christian will reconise that each person has free will and and choose to believe what they want. Jesus teaches us to go forth and teach, not to condemn someone who does not believe...but at the same time we are warned not to be accepting of illicit sinful behavior....

Old 07-27-2006, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: marbro

Dont get me wrong, im not an athiest, I do believe in god, i just dont believe in religion, cause im pretty sure were suppose to worship god, not create religions that use god as an excuse for every day life and snuffing out millions of lives over the generations, but once again, off topic ^_-
couldn't have said it better myself