Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

POST YOUR Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
Actually I got to looking at the odo, and found it's at 234,880 miles, not 238K miles. Sorry about that (my wife's car has 239K on it with an AT). The clutch also hasn't been slipping that bad recently, so it must have been the hot weather we had that one day last fall, even though I could smell clutch material. So, I'm going to nurse it as long as I can, and probably do it in the early fall.
Still, almost 235k is certainly respectable especially considering it's the original clutch. And sorry to hear about your leg shipo, damn. I assume that means you won't be able to drive for a while.

Old 03-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

If not, maybe we can get together and have a couple of cold ones and BS for a while. In the summer months I usually always have some cold ones around. I'm just outside of Port Huron.
Yup, depending which route I take, I often cross at the Blue Water Bridge.

I'll give you a Head's Up the next time I'll be heading your way.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by shipo
Yup, depending which route I take, I often cross at the Blue Water Bridge.

I'll give you a Head's Up the next time I'll be heading your way.
I'm 11 miles from the Blue Water Bridge. Yup, give me a head up if you're in the area.

Old 04-05-2019, 12:45 PM

279,800 on both chassis and engine. 98 EX

Old 07-28-2019, 12:33 PM

1990 Accord DX-4-door, Bone stock, 2nd owner, 64,310 miles. We're getting acquainted at the moment but awfully curious as to who designed the creature comforts to the Driver's Seat? Gawdawful!

Old 07-28-2019, 12:41 PM

Only 64,310 miles on a 1990 ? !

Old 07-28-2019, 04:37 PM

True sure with service records and inspections between VA and FL as proof. Kinda learning as I go here since end June '19 when my 300E crapped out at 262K. So it's a short block/long block for her and sorting out suspension issues and others with this little bone stock gem. One small dent on the nose but otherwise most presentable at thirty years of age. Makes for a good temp daily driver.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by SWFLCB-7
True sure with service records and inspections between VA and FL as proof. Kinda learning as I go here since end June '19 when my 300E crapped out at 262K. So it's a short block/long block for her and sorting out suspension issues and others with this little bone stock gem. One small dent on the nose but otherwise most presentable at thirty years of age. Makes for a good temp daily driver.
You get the suspension tuned in, you'll probably drive the hell out of it. They might be older cars, but they'll run forever IF you take care of them mechanically. My back up car is a 92 Geo Prizm (Toyota Corolla clone), and it runs great. It only has 176K miles on it too. But, it's also seen a lot of salt over the years. It won't win any beauty contests, but it's probably one of the most reliable cars I own. I just wish I could find body metal for it, since it's a Geo.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by cstp
hey
just wanted to get an idea of your mileage its km please say so beside and if its miles same thing
thanks a bounch (bunch( maybe?

Your spell checker wheelbrokerang :d
32 miles. :d

Last edited by plaintiger; 04-18-2020 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:50 PM

You get the suspension tuned in, you'll probably drive the hell out of it. They might be older cars, but they'll run forever IF you take care of them mechanically. My back up car is a 92 Geo Prizm (Toyota Corolla clone), and it runs great. It only has 176K miles on it too. But, it's also seen a lot of salt over the years....
Had to have the brake lines done on my '99 Accord 5MT. Like your Geo, mine was affected by salt. Also with a vehicle that's 20 years old, there's not just mileage but age is a concern, materials deteriorate over time. It doesn't surprise me the brake lines needed to be done, the fuel lines should be replaced also. While it was on the lift the mechanic showed me - but the silver lining to the situation is in his opinion other than the brake/fuel lines the frame and rest of the car was decent. Helped to reinforce the decision to put money into the car. The kid working on the vehicle on the lift behind mine said he'd like to find one like mine. I told him I settled on a 1999 since used Accords with the 5MT are very rare around here, but I don't regret buying this last September one bit.

I complimented a friend on his choice of a 5MT on his new(er) VW Jetta. Showed him mine - he said that's a great design year for Honda. I agreed, basic but still stylish today. Some of these newer vehicles are so over designed with extreme angles, additional lines, indents, etc.

Quick Reply: POST YOUR Mileage