Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Reallly - School Delay because of "cold"

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator
Default Reallly - School Delay because of "cold"

I thought this would get some of you going.

So it is going to be like 12 tomorrow morning so the county school system my wife work for has issued a two hour delay in school start......really, that seems too far even for me who hates cold weather.

I guess I should look for the bright side.....my drive into work will meet with less traffic I guess I can start the car at my normal time then let it warm up for 5 minutes then leave and be nice and warm ALL the way to work

Old 01-07-2015, 06:48 PM

We had -8 with some wind. We had a two hour delay.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Like I said I just find it strange.....I guess the closest I ever came to this when in school was we once had the start of the school year delayed a few days because of the heat....in Memphis the late summer temps will still push 100 and there is enough humidity there to make life "heck" - then add that back then many schools (including the one I went to) did not have AC...ok..

I guess I should just be happy that I can waste 5 minutes before leaving home to let the car warm up.

The wife did say that many of the buses have a hard time starting in those temps......yes she has a CDL and "fills" in as a bus driver every now and then....I get a big smile when I think about her driving a big school bus around ....this time of the year it is pitch black at ~6:30 am and on country roads many times she has to do three point turn to get that thing out of a dead end country road....so far she has yet to take out a mailbox so I guess that is a good thing....she did back over someones "free range" chicken once, there was a little "flack" over that but they got past it.