Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Replacing front suspension components on a 2003 Civic LX

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 09:27 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default Replacing front suspension components on a 2003 Civic LX

Hey Guys, trust y'all doing well and happy new year

So planning to replace outer tie rods, lower ball joints, stabilizer bar ends and LCA's for both sides on the front of a 2003 Honda Civic LX with AT of my brother.

Ordered all parts from rock auto. Everything is Beck Arnley, except LCA's, which are Moog.

Found out today after emailing Beck Arnley, everything we ordered for them is Made in Taiwan, while was hoping they'll be from Japan.

Have not received the parts yet, but should we be concerned about it? Has anyone used Beck Arnley suspension parts, if so, how's their reliability?

Thanks for the help.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:27 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by faran
Hey Guys, trust y'all doing well and happy new year

So planning to replace outer tie rods, lower ball joints, stabilizer bar ends and LCA's for both sides on the front of a 2003 Honda Civic LX with AT of my brother.

Ordered all parts from rock auto. Everything is Beck Arnley, except LCA's, which are Moog.

Found out today after emailing Beck Arnley, everything we ordered for them is Made in Taiwan, while was hoping they'll be from Japan.

Have not received the parts yet, but should we be concerned about it? Has anyone used Beck Arnley suspension parts, if so, how's their reliability?

Thanks for the help.
Beck Arnley is a big company that's been around for a long time (over 40 years), and are known for their quality. You'll probably have to inspect it and see if it looks good enough to you to use, but I wouldn't really think twice using them. I've got some of their parts on my Toyota Corolla clone (Geo Prizm), and they've been on there for a few years. I believe the tie rod ends and ball joints on it are BA, while other parts are from different suppliers (KYB for the struts as an example). I've got MOOG parts on my wife's 00 Accord, and have some going on my 99 Accord. They're a very good company that's known for quality suspension parts.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
Beck Arnley is a big company that's been around for a long time (over 40 years), and are known for their quality. You'll probably have to inspect it and see if it looks good enough to you to use, but I wouldn't really think twice using them. I've got some of their parts on my Toyota Corolla clone (Geo Prizm), and they've been on there for a few years. I believe the tie rod ends and ball joints on it are BA, while other parts are from different suppliers (KYB for the struts as an example). I've got MOOG parts on my wife's 00 Accord, and have some going on my 99 Accord. They're a very good company that's known for quality suspension parts.
Thanks TC. LCAs from Moog are Chinese ones.

I have read horrible stories about these Moog chinese ones, read the reviews:

Amazon Amazon

Should I not install them and instead install AC Delco, made in the USA:

More Information for ACDELCO 45D3264

Old 02-10-2017, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by faran
Thanks TC. LCAs from Moog are Chinese ones.

I have read horrible stories about these Moog chinese ones, read the reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Moog-RK640287.../dp/B00CCK9R1Y

Should I not install them and instead install AC Delco, made in the USA:

More Information for ACDELCO 45D3264
I did not know about the RK line of MOOG products. You could try the Delco parts, but I think I'd check hondapartsnow.com, and see what genuine Honda parts would cost as a comparison.'
You could aso vist HAF's sister site www.hondacivicforums.com, and see what some people over there are using.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:32 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Thanks, but genuine parts are extremely pricey!!!

That sister site is not a valid address

Old 02-11-2017, 11:52 PM

Try this link, as I know it works.
HondaCivicForum.com