Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Should I do this ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

It is all good

Not like I really need another car....heck I got enough already, what am I doing with seven cars right now and thinking of buying another - confirmed that I'm going crazy in my old age.

The '16 Pilot, I love the thing - especially when she lets me drive it. Software updates, I guess should be expected on a new generation. I can't say that I was having any issues. I will say the update for the 9-speed trans has made driving even better. Before it just seemed a little off when driving "normal" - if you hammered it off the line . It just seemed to want to hang onto the lower gears longer than what I thought/felt it should......but never having a car with that many gears, what did I have to compare it to. After the software update to the trans, normal driving just seems SO MUCH BETTER.

Spent some quality time with it yesterday, cleaned and vac out the inside, leather conditioner applied and gave it a bath....yes, the little short guy has to use a bucket as a stool so he can reach all of the car

Attached Thumbnails Should I do this ?-dscn8647.jpg  
Old 05-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like they are really taking care of you so that is good to hear, a lot of dealers out there would have told you to pound sand.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Ok....here we go again.

The 97 Accord is having ans issues....think it is shot and not electrical. The 01 Saab blew a hose or the rad and overheated.....cyl #1 only has 30 psi compression

So poorman is headed off to go look at a few 7th gen Accord's today....lets see what happens

I'll dump the 97 and 01 either to the junk yard or sell them as "mechanic specials ". Heck if I can get 300~400 for them as is I'll be happy.......if they go to the junk man, anyone need bits and pieces from them before they go to the big bone yard in the sky?

Old 05-21-2016, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Would be a good deal for someone on the Accord, buy a used tranny for nothing slap it in and have a good car. The saab...........well it can go meet its demise lol.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Yea, and considering the Saab is at a shop.....at 1 am when he called about the blown hose I was like screw, have it towed to a shop and have them look at it. I'll settle the tow bill and inspection then see if they will give me a few $'s for it....or call a junk man to pick it up from there.

The accord is in the driveway, so I can take my time getting rid of it....a week or two on craigslist.....no hits, another call to the junk man and they can come get it.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Just looking to replace the one car not both?

Just saying used AP1 S2Ks are pretty cheap, can usually find a decent one for 10k or less.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

For now, just did the the one..yes, I now own an 07 Accord EXL

Spent some time looking at the different ones they had but the boy like it the best.

Funniest thing was they did all of the paperwork, including the bill of sale and even charged my credit card.....bring all of it to me to sign and the price of the car was $1,600 below what we agreed to

Yes, could have signed and walked, hoping they didn't figure it out.....but I would not have been able to sleep for a few days. So we pointed out the error. For the honesty they knocked another #75 off the price, had to re-do the paperwork and run my credit card for the difference.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

You sure do work fast. I wouldn't have been able to sleep with the mess up either.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Well, we've been looking "hard" since like Tuesday

Been thinking for months. Was really wanting to hold off till the end of the year or right at the start of next year, have some investments that will be paying off around then. But when the Saab threw a fit the other night, well that kind of forced our hand. Still kind of works out, the credit card I put it on has 0% interest until December of this year so I'm not really out anything for a while.

Will try to get some pic of it later today. Has a few things I need to look into further, the glove box doesn't like to open and want to add an "aux input" to the radio.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, didn't get pic's last weekend. Today, they let us out of work early and some "toys" happen to arrive yesterday and today.

Biggest thing we got done today was two more keys, only came with one. So order two remote keys online ($39), went to a local locksmith and had them cut and coded for ~$49. So for ~$90 I now have three working keys (haven't programed the lock unlock yet on the two new ones - lazy). Also got a little trim part for the bumper.

While shopping, went ahead and got a new trans filter for the 07 Accord and why not, wife wanted "all season" floor mats for the '16 Pilot which actually come with the third row mat......OE only the Elite comes with floor mats for the third row and so far you can't buy just the OE carpet third row mat.

Might get the trans fluid/filter changed in the 07 Accord this weekend. Thought I had a few quarts of DW fluid left but only have 9 Z1 quarts left...still scared to switch the 07 Pilot to the new fluid so saving the Z1 for it. So I'll need to go to the local CARQUEST store and pick up a few quarts of the DW fluid before I can.

Attached Thumbnails Should I do this ?-dscn8654.jpg   Should I do this ?-dscn8655.jpg   Should I do this ?-dscn8656.jpg   Should I do this ?-dscn8657.jpg   Should I do this ?-dscn8658.jpg  

Should I do this ?-dscn8659.jpg