Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

State troopers

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 08:10 PM

it all just seems kinda sketchy that he wouldnt show the radar when i asked. even if he doesnt HAVE to, why wouldnt he? unless hes really just that lazy? it was a moving radar, and those are prone to give faulty readings

Old 05-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by botang47
it all just seems kinda sketchy that he wouldnt show the radar when i asked. even if he doesnt HAVE to, why wouldnt he? unless hes really just that lazy? it was a moving radar, and those are prone to give faulty readings
Just another form of a power trip, after a while cops really do begin to believe they are superior to the civilian population, either subconsciously or outright arrogantly. That position is too great for any human being, it's really a job that should be handled by synthetic minds...

Old 06-09-2009, 03:08 PM
webkid90
Unregistered

Florida troopers are the hardest to beat, as your best chance is them not showing up to court, and FHP never miss a court date unlike regualr cops.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:01 PM

well the court made a mistake entering the ticket so now it says i was going 73 instead of 93 haha. i will not complain and will pay it off

Old 06-19-2009, 04:15 PM

I bet the cop had something to do with that if he knew you were going to try to argue it. 73 is more believable and harder to argue. He probably didn't even radar you.
In my opinion, 73 is one of those numbers cops like to use if they could tell you were speeding but didn't actually read your speed with the gun - because it is believable.
When I was 17 I was going about 95 on a local road that was known for never having any cops on it. All of a sudden I see blue lights and think i'm screwed. I had a 5th of vodka under the seat (I had not been drinking though) and was headed to a friend's farm where we had an old refurbished Pullman train car in the woods that we used to party at. Anyways I thought for sure I was going to jail. He walked up to my window and asked if I knew why he pulled me over. I was nervous as hell and just said: "Well to be honest I imagine I was speeding. I'm sorry. I guess I really was not paying attention." The cop told me I was doing 73. I know for a fact I was doing a lot faster than that. He let me go with a warning. I couldn't believe it. The speed limit on that road is 55. Either he didn't radar me, of the radar gun was broken.
I did get a ticket another time when a cop told me I was doing 73 as well. I knew I was speeding (probably doing 65), but I didn't think I was going that fast. This was also in a 55mph speed zone. I just went to traffic school that time and paid the ticket. In Mississippi if you go to traffic school it wont go on your record and your insurance company doesn't find out about it.
Haven't gotten a speeding ticket since. Now I drive like a grandma to save $ on gas.

Last edited by 00AccordLX5spd; 06-19-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:43 PM

you're probably right. its too suspicious that he wouldnt show me his radar. but the 9 did look alike like a 7 on the ticket

p.s it is a HORRIBLE idea to leave an open container in your car

Old 06-19-2009, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by botang47
p.s it is a HORRIBLE idea to leave an open container in your car
It hadn't been opened yet. The seal was still intact. I was 17 so that could have gotten me an M.I.P. (Minor In Posession) - $500 back when I was underage. Not sure how much it is now.
Of course the car back then was registered in my dad's name so if the cop had found it I would ahve just played dumb (i.e. "This is my dad's car....I had no idea that was under the seat"). It was pretty hard to get in trouble with the cops in the Mississippi delta. he probably would have just taken the vodka and let me go. we got caught with booze all the time and they always either just took it or made us pour it out. which really sucked if you had like 2 cases of beer and the cops made you pour out every single can in front of them. All the while knowing we would just go get more.

Last edited by 00AccordLX5spd; 06-19-2009 at 04:52 PM.