Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What did you do to your Honda today?

Old 11-24-2016, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by poorman212
Ok, I give up, who?

I give up too. It wasn't me.. I'm still having nightmares about doing it. I keep trying to pay all my other mechanic buddies to do it, they don't want to touch it. So I just drive around with a brand new wp and tb in the trunk lol

Old 12-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Earlier this week I had the wife visit our local dealership, and order me up some small dash light bulbs. My Accord needed a clock and both bulbs in the cruise control switch, while hers needed the odo light and a clock bulb. Got those replaced earlier today, and now everything lights up like it should. Those lights in her car have been out since before we bought in back in Nonember of 2014, but haven't been high on the list for replacement. But using the site, I found out how to replace them. Thanks HAF.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:29 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Been cold here,,battery died,,swap battery,,,next day ,,,starter went out,,85 bucks for a rebuild,,original one lasted 20 yrs...
gotta love a Honda...

182614 miles ...cheers,,carry on...

Old 12-23-2016, 10:59 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by woody31
Been cold here,,battery died,,swap battery,,,next day ,,,starter went out,,85 bucks for a rebuild,,original one lasted 20 yrs...
gotta love a Honda...

182614 miles ...cheers,,carry on...
Been cold here too, damn cold. Ended up digging the Hondas out, so I could move them around to have a place to put any future snow. Well, that and get the Geo out to run thru the salt (dedicated winter beater). Just glad that I really didn't have to go anywhere last week when it was in the sub zero's.
Oh, I did have to replace the blower resistor set up on the wife's car. Glad it was a fairly easy and quick job to do. Just had to remove 2 screws, and unplug it, then plug in the new one and re-install the 2 screws.

Last edited by The Toecutter; 12-23-2016 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-24-2016, 01:23 AM
Question 1990 honda accord f22a4 loses power and wants to stall out

Well guys have a bit of a problem. I just recently got this honda nothing was wrong with it just had check engine light but ran fine. F22a4 std 5 speed. 2 weeks ago i started having problems with it after i let it get to empty. It would stall out to dying sometimes also rough idle on warm or cold starts. I installed a different throttle body new main relay issue was fixed but, it brought other issues though. Now it starts fine no rough idle smokes but the main issue while shifting any gear i cant get it to go over 4000 rpms it stalls out looses power. Have to downshift to accelerate to get to desired speed replaced gas filter today it did the same thing. what could it be?

Old 12-27-2016, 09:57 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by 90hondaaccord
Well guys have a bit of a problem. I just recently got this honda nothing was wrong with it just had check engine light but ran fine. F22a4 std 5 speed. 2 weeks ago i started having problems with it after i let it get to empty. It would stall out to dying sometimes also rough idle on warm or cold starts. I installed a different throttle body new main relay issue was fixed but, it brought other issues though. Now it starts fine no rough idle smokes but the main issue while shifting any gear i cant get it to go over 4000 rpms it stalls out looses power. Have to downshift to accelerate to get to desired speed replaced gas filter today it did the same thing. what could it be?
The fue pump has a screen,,sock,,on the end,,the issue began after you let it run to empty,,i would say ,,time to replace the pump and screen,,,

Old 02-13-2017, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Didn't actually do anything today but I did score a new OE positve battery cable for the 89 LXi

Old 06-17-2017, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator

I hate it when I get bored........noticed a little gas smell from the old ford after running it for a bit......so this happens, now I'm waiting on the rebuild kit to show up so I might remember how it all goes back together

I don't think the thing has been apart for many moons - every gasket/o-ring I got to was hard as a rock......is that a dark spot or an o-ring, oh snap that was an o-ring that is now hard plastic I'm surprised there was any gas going into the engine vs coming out on top of it

The wife has been real happy with carb pieces laying around the den for the last week. According to "shipping" the kit should be here today so I might start putting it all back together tonight/tomorrow.

Then I'll have to dig up the old vac gauge and see if I can "ear tune/adjust" it - I just need to get it close, this isn't even a daily driver and no where near a performance thing....remember I call this thing my dump truck

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Honda today?-dscn8906.jpg  
Old 12-06-2017, 07:14 PM

I dropped the engine and trans from under the car on my 97 honda v6

Last edited by TexomaAccord; 12-14-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:24 PM

I tore apart my engine and cleaned parts up and removed the heads, valves, etc.. took all the solenoids out of the trans, cleaned them and tested. Tested TDC sensor on engine.. Wee fun

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Honda today?