Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What did you do to your Honda today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:00 AM

I still need to take mine by the dealership and let them replace by seatbelt for free

Old 12-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Newest Of Newbies

For free ? Was there a recall?

Old 12-20-2014, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by CYB3R
For free ? Was there a recall?
Hondas have a lifetime free replacement on their seatbelts as long as they are not cut and the car hasn't been in an accident.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thank you for the info. Driver side is not working like it should imo

Old 12-21-2014, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by CYB3R
Thank you for the info. Driver side is not working like it should imo
You're welcome. The passenger side on mine only lets me pull the belt about an inch, and then it locks. If you release pressure and slowly pull it again, it moves about an inch more and locks again. Its a real pain

Old 12-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Almost A Senior Member

This was a busy Honda weekend for me:

* replaced the right side steering rack boot ... the original had split. I replaced the left side a couple of years ago
* replaced both inner and outer boots on the right side CV axle. This was a fun experience as I had never gotten to remove an axle before. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Had fun playing with the moly grease that came with the boots ... like peanut butter.
* oil change
* better inspection on the lower tranny cover next to the oil pan to see if the oil leak is from the rear main seal or the pan. I could only pry the cover back mayb 1/4" if even, and it doesn't look like there is any runny oil in there, so I'm thinking it's the oil pan gasket. I tightened up a few of the bolts on the gasket as they were under 5 ft-lbs ... I will have to go back to this later.

All in all the honda is a bit happier than before.

Old 01-03-2015, 06:55 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Changed the plugs today.

I picked up a set of NGK V-power for $2.29 each plus tax. Popped them in this afternoon.

The old ones look pretty good for 4.5 years and 40k miles (from previous owner) with a light dusty brown/grey coating on the tip, and a bit of black carbon on the end of the threads. One of the old plugs was gapped too large -- the new ones are all gapped just right.

The spark plug tubes were clean, but I still blew and vacuumed them out a few times while removing the old plugs.

A bit of anti-sieze on the upper threads, 13 ft-lbs of torque in two stages of tightening, a dab of dialectric grease inside the contact of each boot, and we're good to go.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a nice afternoon

And the dab of this and that make me think about just how I would have done it. Since those plugs are cheap....I start checking them ~24K miles, if the "v" is hard to see or is gone, I throw in a new set and call it a day.

And yes on the 4th and new gens where they go straight down are nice. On my older 3rd gens, the #1 and #4 plugs go in at a funny angle (compared to #2 and #3) so you have to be "real" careful to get them started correctly....can't tell you how many 3rd gen's I've seen where #1 has stripped threads.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:55 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Put some gas in it and drove it around town, didnt take long as population is only 576 people. Thinking of selling it to buy a truck tho,,which kind of makes me sad.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Newest Of Newbies

What did you do to your Honda today?-20150113_211428.jpg
added a little wow factor to my dash

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Honda today?