Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What did you do to your Honda today?

Old 05-05-2014, 01:08 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Yesterday I restored the headlights, using the 3M kit with drill attachment.

I was amazed at how much easier it is to do this with a power drill vs by hand (my first kit).

The headlights look pretty clear now ... we'll see how long this holds up.

I'm thinking I should invest in a bottle of the UV protector solution to wipe down the headlights once a month or so.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:03 PM

Aside from that, I did put a new windshield washer tank with pump on the car.. Its the small things we overlook in life... Not having one and living in a dusty area was awful

Old 05-07-2014, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

i restored my 2001 headlights and it looked good for about 6 months.

tomorrow i will swap the aftermarket tail lights for the stock ones for the buyer of my 2001.

yesterday i finished a 850 mile trip in the 2014 accord. fantastic drive.

today i bought deadener for the 2014 and tomorrow i buy the nicest amp i've ever had.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:46 AM

I plan on upgraded the audio in my honda, but since my gf is the one driving it, I can't go over the top like I did with my explorer... 5k+ watts

Last edited by TexomaAccord; 05-19-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

i upgrade the audio in my wife's car, always have. but she just wants a good HU, good speakers, and I put a decent amp on the speakers for clean output.

Old 05-07-2014, 05:58 PM

This one has a jvc head unit in it, with cheap speakers in the doors ( I guess the previous owner "tried" to upgrade with radio shack ones ). I'm looking at customizing the center console to install a touch screen with gps, some nice door speakers and maybe a single 10 or 12 in the trunk

Old 05-08-2014, 01:37 AM
Administrator

KeepHopeAlive is the man who can really give you the correct information..Yes indeed hecan..

Old 05-18-2014, 11:51 PM

Yesterday Morning I Changed out my Power steering pump with a new shiny black one after flushing the system then applied my LX badge after a nice test drive.

new pump can be seen here:
Name:  T4RkITN.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  1.85 MB

Old 05-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by Foxi D'elegance
Yesterday Morning I Changed out my Power steering pump with a new shiny black one
What brand pump did you get?

And what was wrong with the old one? Did the new pump fix the problem?

Old 05-20-2014, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by jkowtko
What brand pump did you get?

And what was wrong with the old one? Did the new pump fix the problem?

The old one was grinding and screaming. (had max fluid in my reservoir) It was time for another one after all it was the original and the chick I bought the car from got all of her work that was ever done at the shop. Just for giggles I got a cheap used on at a junkyard for like 10 bucks that showed no signs of wear but someone had taken the spout for the hose off. For the heck of it I used the parts from the used one to attempt to rebuild the old one. No success the pump was louder afterwards and leaked so I went to Oreilly's and got a new one. I bought a Cardone brand pump for $98.00 and instead of paying a $59 core charge I brought in the parts of the old $10 one :P. Came home swapped the pulleys, drained the fluid, mounted the new one, and refilled. Super quiet and steers way better now I like it :3 I think what was wrong with the old one was the bearing or whatever is on the shaft in the front was worn out. Good thing i grabbed new fluid the old stuff was a blackish brown.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Honda today?