Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

what have you done to your Accord today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 08:56 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Applied smoke tint vinyl wrap to the taillights and rear side markers a few weeks ago ... gives the car a stealthy look (body color is black). Still have to do the front.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Newest Of Newbies

got the exhaust replaced yesterday from the resonator pipe on back. Finally - sounds quiet again. Won't have to worry about getting pulled for noise ordinance!

Old 03-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Newest Of Newbies

My son and I worked on lubing the suspension bushing and lower ball joints - squeeks gone for now using the grease gun / needle technique, but have to investigate small amount of play on the front passenger wheel. Plus waiting for my mp3 to OEM interface to come in. Hope to have it before a road trip this next weekend.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Put new tires on er on Sat. then found out the check engine lite and code are telling me thats its something with the EVAP system. It's been doing the jackstandapalooza in the garage since Sat eve. I got a whole whopping 6 miles on the new tires!!

Old 03-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by speedie mc pete
Put new tires on er on Sat. then found out the check engine lite and code are telling me thats its something with the EVAP system. It's been doing the jackstandapalooza in the garage since Sat eve. I got a whole whopping 6 miles on the new tires!!
Sounds like the always fun P1457

Old 03-11-2013, 06:37 PM

Put fog lights in my new 2012 LX-S coupe. I used the dummy hole covers and cut out the center and fabricated the oval blue 55 watters in them. Then just screwed them back onto the bracket holes. Since there's no harness hiding under the bumper for this model, I had to do my own proprietary wiring. I tucked all the wiring into some plastic wire sheathing and connected it to the inside of the bumper cover. I found an ideal place for the switch in the hole next to the TC switch. The cheap illuminated rocker switch fits there like it came with the car. Now I have to see how the plastic around the lights reacts to the heat. I tested it for about 10 minutes with the lights in place on the bumper before I reinstalled it. There seems to be quite a threshold before they get to critical mass. If these give me a problem, I'll just get the OEMs now that I have the wiring in place.

Unless you're good with fabricating and have specialty tools I wouldn't recommend this route. I'm a jeweler with all the necessary flex shaft attachments and drills and such and do this kind of stuff all the time[not just with jewelry].

Last week I installed the Gentex Homelink/comp/temp mirror and it works great. Highly recommend.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Got three motor mounts replaced at my local Good Year. And with that came some more expensive news. Seems like I will need a new suspension because the current one is kind of loose according to those guys.

Not going to say they are lying since I did inherit this car from a person who drove it close to 300 miles every week for the last 8 years.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:09 AM
Newest Of Newbies

well the mp3 to OEM interface came in (too late for the road trip of course!). Took about 10 minutes to install, with the cable routed into the arm rest compartment. Pretty happy with the sound quality. Now need the weather to cooperate so I can get underneath for some investigative work. This is Michigan though, and the weather has a vendetta against the weekends apparently.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Well it wasn't the car so not sure if it counts......did a tune up (sharpen blade, new oil, clean plug, clean air filter, ect) on the lawn mower on Sat......then since I had it running, went ahead and mowed the weeds/grass .

Old 03-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

LAWN MOWER???
We got freezing rain this morning!

Quick Reply: what have you done to your Accord today?