Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

what have you done to your Accord today?

Old 03-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

I figured that would get someone going....yes even had to mow a section of the yard because the grass is/was getting too tall.

Old 01-02-2016, 06:47 PM

Just had Llumar CTX tint (30%) installed on my 2016 Honda accord sport. Will post pics tomorrow when the rain stops.

Old 06-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Got the 07 Pilot inspected, new tags for the 07 Pilot and the 07 Accord.

Have the 16 Pilot due, strange to have to get tags "re-newed" in 2016 for a 2016 car but oh well. At least with a '16 year model you only have to pay for a "safety inspection" (~$13 vs ~$30) until 2019, but then the ~$500 in property tax ...you're welcome the state of NC.

Might tear apart the carb on the weed eater to see what gasket/diaphragm has gone bad, no fuel to carb. Then decide to re-build or just but a new one. If I get a new one I'm thinking of a battery powered one.....getting tired of messing with small gas engines

The battery drain on the 89 Accord has gone away - I have no idea. It use to go dead in a week, went to start it yesterday for the first time in two weeks......check the battery voltage as I assumed it needed a charge and to my surprise it was at ~12.45v. Started right up and took it around the block.

If I get bored, I'll wash the '07 Pilot.....really bored and the 07 Accord will get a bath as well.....the '16 Pilot got one on Wednesday, a black car just shows so much dirt but looks SO NICE when all clean

Hopefully the Saab will be sold in the next few days and then I can work on selling the others.

Last edited by poorman212; 06-11-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:26 PM

Removed standard reverse lights, replaced with LCD = much better visibility

Old 06-12-2016, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Prospector
Removed standard reverse lights, replaced with LCD = much better visibility
What did you go with? Been thinking about some lighting changes on the '16 Pilot but haven't pulled the trigger.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by poorman212
What did you go with? Been thinking about some lighting changes on the '16 Pilot but haven't pulled the trigger.
Not sure about the name or stock #, I ordered them from a Honda dealership here in Ohio that specializes in unusual or hard to get parts. Unless I'm mistaken, the parts' person told me that they are the same LED that are use in the front running lights on the '16 EXL

I know that I originally said, 'LCD'... but they are LED's

I did start a tread a couple of weeks ago which listed the item # and the price, but for some reason the tread may have been pulled... don't know why

I can tell you this though, the pair together was less than $10 and made a LOT of difference

Last edited by Prospector; 06-12-2016 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:07 AM
kps
Newest Of Newbies

Might tear apart the carb on the weed eater to see what gasket/diaphragm has gone bad, no fuel to carb. Then decide to re-build or just but a new one. If I get a new one I'm thinking of a battery powered one.....getting tired of messing with small gas engines .
there once was another option, unsure if interested, but before battery technology for small equipment got to where it is, weed eaters were made in 12 volt with clips to hook to riding lawnmower battery, I still have one unless someone stole it, if interested ill go hunt & make sure still works. these you could mow & reach & weed eat at same time, or park mower & get off & work on area with weed eater. it was very cool in its day.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kps
there once was another option, unsure if interested, but before battery technology for small equipment got to where it is, weed eaters were made in 12 volt with clips to hook to riding lawnmower battery, I still have one unless someone stole it, if interested ill go hunt & make sure still works. these you could mow & reach & weed eat at same time, or park mower & get off & work on area with weed eater. it was very cool in its day.
Thanks for the offer but sometimes a fool and his money are easily parted.....that is me. The carb rebuild kit is in my shopping cart on amazon. The new EGO Weed eater is in the garage . I already have the same brand leaf blower and have been very pleased with it, plus my back thanks me every fall as the rake was just doing it in. Hope I'm as happy with the weed eater as I am the leaf blower

I'll wait on the carb re-build and get use to the new weed eater. Once I find the limits of the battery weed eater. I'll then decide what to do with the gas one.......scrap metal, re-build and keep as a back up for the "big jobs", re-build and sell for a few bucks????????

The Saab deal didn't go through yesterday. Long story on that deal. I think I'm just going to sell it for scrap....hope Jim doesn't see this

Old 06-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

The Saab deal didn't go through yesterday. Long story on that deal. I think I'm just going to sell it for scrap....hope Jim doesn't see this
AAWWW MAN... Another Saab gone.

Well I don't know what happened to the 1989, 2001, & 2005 Saabs that we've sold. The only way a car is gonna last forever is if you park it in a museum & never drive it.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

The boy was driving one night and a hose or something in the cooling system let go. He didn't notice it until it was too late. One cyl only has 30 psi. Not going to spend the money on it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what have you done to your Accord today?