Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

what have you done to your Accord today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 02:27 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Well, I changed out both the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder on my 97 Accord LX. It also allowed me to adjust the pedal height to get the pedal off the floor (where it activated the clutch itself). I had noticed a little fluid around the pedal pushrod back when I was going to adjust the rod a couple of weeks ago (I asked in the forums about doing that job), and decided I should replace the units first. The car does have 235K on it, and those parts were 19 years old as well. I'm glad I did do it though, as it makes the car that much more nicer to drive.
On a side note, I did get to reinstall my floor mat on that side as well. Today's job will be to wash off some of the pine tree pollen off, that's been accumilating on it this spring(trying to turn the car yellow from green).

Old 06-19-2016, 07:09 PM
Default help

ok i dont have a accord but i have a 92 prelude si with an f20b swap and i lose power at low rpms and it pulls hard at high rpms anyone have any idea what my problem is? new plugs and wires distributor new fuel pump. its ran fine for the past year and it just started a few weeks ago and cant figure it out also compression is good too

Old 06-21-2016, 09:42 AM
Almost A Senior Member
Default Put the wife in it

Well folks with just 48 days left in hospital/rehab Last home visit ,,I filled the Honda up.,.cleaned it,, checked everything and put the wife back in it,,She had stopped driving it not long after my entry to hospital because of the check engine light, which was the dreaded poor egr flow code,,I ended up not having to do the repair,,after i started driving it,,I ran 93 octane in it,,drove it with some real zest,,put some Lucas Fuel System Cleaner in it,,ran 2 more tanks of 93 gas,,changed the plugs,,put another bottle of lucas in it and the check engine light went off,I guess me driving it hard and the cleaner loosened up the carbon and blew out the tail pipe,cleared code and only thing now is a code for the abs pump,, Ill replace that soon after i am released,,180412 miles,,runs like new,,

Old 06-26-2016, 08:50 AM

Installed new front motor mount and front struts. All is back to normal in Accord land.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Frugalhondaguy
Installed new front motor mount and front struts. All is back to normal in Accord land.
How did you change the front motor mount ? Special tools ?

Old 06-29-2016, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by dsat
How did you change the front motor mount ? Special tools ?
No, it's simple. Just jack up the engine by placing a 2X6 on the bottom of the oil pan and the exhaust. You'll be supporting the engine with the jack, than just remove the bolts. Best to wait until the engine is cool before starting the project. The bolts are tight, I used a 1/2" drive to remove them. There's a video I found, I'll look for it and post.

Old 06-29-2016, 01:59 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by Frugalhondaguy
No, it's simple. Just jack up the engine by placing a 2X6 on the bottom of the oil pan and the exhaust. You'll be supporting the engine with the jack, than just remove the bolts. Best to wait until the engine is cool before starting the project. The bolts are tight, I used a 1/2" drive to remove them. There's a video I found, I'll look for it and post.
Fyi on my car at least, the front and rear mounts don't appear to support anything -- they are just vibration dampers. It's the two side mounts that provide all the support.

-- John

Old 10-20-2016, 09:19 PM

Got some parts in for my "new to me" 99 Accord. If it ever quits raining, it'll get new timing belts and tensioners, and a water pump, along with a new power steering return hose set up (leaks on the line out of the rack, but the others look just as bad so they're getting replaced), and it's getting new drive belts (AC, pwr strg, alt) while I have the left front off. The last of the parts I ordered arrived shortly after we left for Texas for 10 days.

Old 11-06-2016, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by The Toecutter
Got some parts in for my "new to me" 99 Accord. If it ever quits raining, it'll get new timing belts and tensioners, and a water pump, along with a new power steering return hose set up (leaks on the line out of the rack, but the others look just as bad so they're getting replaced), and it's getting new drive belts (AC, pwr strg, alt) while I have the left front off. The last of the parts I ordered arrived shortly after we left for Texas for 10 days.
Well, we did finally get a couple of "rain free" days, so I was able to do the timing belts, and replaced the entire return line from the steering rack to the res jug. After that, I swapped my 7 spoke Konigs on, and washed the entire car (damn that dark Emerald green color looks good on a 6th gen Accord). I also got the windshield replaced last tuesday (Nov 1st), and it's soo much better to look thru without that big ole crack in the glass. I've been working on putting some miles on it now. So far everything seems good. I guess I made a good purchase with this one.