Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

new Jack looking for some general help

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 10:57 PM
JorgeRH
Unregistered
Default new Jack looking for some general help

How's it going guys, I just stumbled into this page as my roommate was trying look stuff for his F-150. Anyway, I've got an '04 2-door ex-v6 autmoatic, graphite pearl in color. I've had it since it was new and just now got around to tinting the windows and I put some aftermarget taillights on it. I'm looking for something to increase performance and looks but still keep it professional and presentable for business. I don't have a spoiler on it, want one, but not the stock one for the 03-04 or 05 ones. I want to put some of those Halo headlights on the front and that's pretty much where I'm at. If you guys have any suggestions or prior experiences you could pass along, I'd appreicate that especially some small but significant performance upgrades.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:32 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: new Jack looking for some general help

Hey JorgeRH,
Welcome to the forums! There are some really great people on here who are glad to help everyone! Your Accord sounds nice! What % of tint did you put on? Usually the first performance upgrades are either a cold or short ram intake, followed by headers and an exhaust (i/h/e). Brand wise, there are lots to choose from although the top of the line seems to be AEM (intakes), DC Sports (headers), and Apexi (exhaust), but there are alot more quality products and brands. Maybe try some high performance plug wires and NGK Iridium IX plugs. I've got a short ram on my car and the h/e/ plugs and wires are all being shipped now Good luck and have fun here!

Old 05-24-2006, 11:55 AM
JorgeRH
Unregistered

Hey, I really appreciate that help. I believe I'll get on that as soon as I get paid (working right now as a matter-of-fact). I have another question, if I may. I've seen this everywhere and so this post might get moved, but I'm looking at those Halo projector kits off of ebay and looking at the HID stuff. I don't know anything about any of that and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction or give me a rundown of what the options are (even the bad ones, haha). Thanks I appreciate all you guys help. Oh p.s. I got 20% smoke tint, getting put on tomorrow, even though my county fines you around $200 for anything darker than 35%, welcome to GA.
Thanks again

Old 05-24-2006, 05:09 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hey! Yeah, $$ is always the issue....I still have to pay my exhaust off and work starts for me tomorrow after finals[:'(]. Hope you don't get pulled over by the police for your tint! lol I'm not to familiar with the HID or the Halos to much but I do like them! I know for my year of Accord you have to remove the front bumper n' such to replace the headlamps and that the light output isn't that great, and that if you get a cheaper set of Halos, the Halo ring seems to burn out. I'd ask around though. If I remember right, there is a post about someone converting their Accord to the HID in the "Appearance" section. I'd recommend using the search at the top of the page to prevent double posts and you might find what your looking for! Oh yeah, one question, how much was your tinting? I was quoted $179 for my car so idk if thats a good price or not! Good luck!

Old 05-24-2006, 10:01 PM
JorgeRH
Unregistered

My tint was quoted at $170 for a lifetime warranty, which was about the average price when I looked around. I don't know what any of that means as far as tint quality. I tried to look up the different brands of tint that all the different places used, but they all looked pretty much the same.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:39 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Thanks! I don't think my quote included a warranty, got it from Ziebart.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Welcome New Member..Thank you for joining the forum..

And yea your right, I'm gonna move this to the Wanted Forum where you will get more answers to your Question, but Sincerely..Thank You For Joining..

WheelBrokerAng